Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday late late late show


Some Arlo silliness for today ............ Being that we are at the fairgrounds there are lots and lots of areas for livestock exhibits (as documented with the cattle show post(s)!!).  Well daily - several times a day actually ~ he and I go down to the corral (okay?) to hopefully burn off some of his extensive amounts of energy (HIS not mine) ... the second trip down there this afternoon I decided to take along my trusty (as long as I'm not attempting to take photos at night it is very trusty) nikon because he was so entertaining this morning ...

As you can see, there is quite a hole here .... Arlo did NOT dig that hole but .......

he sure did want to meet the gopher that did!!!


Tonight when I returned home from doing a couple errands the "bands" (read head banging ear splitting heavy metal "stuff" - man I must be getting old) were "practicing" for the Rock Fest which starts here tomorrow and goes through Saturday.  So thankful we will not be here ... 

Arlo and I will be leaving as early as we're able in the morning to head to Council Bluffs, Iowa to meet up with baby sister 

who is flying from Vermont into Kansas City for a week of "work training".  Since that is only 400 (ish) miles from Sioux Falls we are meeting half way for a 1/2 sister weekend.  When I was back in MA the sisters (my older, my younger, my sister in law and myself) would get together a couple times a year for foolishness, seriousness and FUN FUN FUN ............ 

We sure will miss these two sisters this weekend.


But sister Candy is kind of busy this weekend anyway ~ this little cutie patootie is having his first birthday party!  Happy birthday Brayden Edward

No comments: