Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday morning

Phew what a time uploading these photos!  

I did go to the "cattle show" here at the Fairgrounds yesterday (Rick chose to stay home - what's up with that!?!).  Above is a beauty getting ready for her time in the ring!  She is a limousin -  as it was a limousin show!  It was quite an experience for me - it was really a beauty pageant for limousin cattle .. sort of like Miss America in the cattle world.  When the judge narrows down the final five in each category he gives a little speech listing the attributes (and faults) of each cow.  Who knew?  Well I guess Kimberly and Jack do but I had no clue ... I took lots of pictures inside the exposition building but they really came out awful so I won't post any, but trust me it was a fun take.
As I mentioned yesterday we went "downtown" the other night.  Here are a couple shots of the statues I've written about.  As most of you know I have a "thing" about pigs (I think it started with the movie "Babe") - well here is a photo of one of the statues (there are two statues of pigs).  Below is a statue that reminded me so much of my niece Elisha as a child.
And last for today is a shot of a store front at night.  Sorry for the flash but I just really liked this display, it made me think of a display my sister Candy would put together.  I also really like the fact that this display stays outside at night with no one bothering it other than to enjoy .... seems to be no threat of theft ~ isn't that nice!
Last night we went to "Hot Harley Nights".  The bike parade went on for 40 minutes with thousands of bikes.  The start of the "parade" included some of the Make A Wish children in cars - it really was "heart warming" to say the least.  After dinner at our (my) favorite downtown restaurant we came home.  

Today we are headed to a baseball game.  Sioux Falls has an independent minor league team (the Sioux Falls Canaries) so we thought we'd go support them.  So Rick is taking me out to the ball game ........ hopefully he'll hold the cracker jacks (I don't really like them).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the game. I'm one of the owners of the SF Canaries and it was an exciting game today where we came out on top 8-4. You're welcome any time you're in our area!! Have a safe journey.