Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday stuff

He's on his way to Manchester .............. Sir and I brought him over to the airport (seven minutes away) a while ago ... as we were on our way home Rick called to tell me he was already at the gate ~ there's no waiting to get through security at our Sioux Falls Regional Airport for sure today!  Rick's travel logic has always been to take a first morning flight ~ like 5:30 in the morning ~ to avoid jams at security and the gates etc ... no need for that logic here however!
Onward I blog ~ above is Sir's latest "favorite toy" a treasure he found while we were out walking the other day.  I've been trying to post the picture for a couple days.  It's a pretty well known fact that I am, to say the least, technically challenged!  That problem seems to be getting worse lately ~ I've had trouble uploading pictures for a couple days.  In fact I've been having trouble even taking pictures the last few days - night pictures are just impossible lately, as you shall see below!  

Also, a "thing" that full timers often do is create and hand out "business cards" .. I've been working on some for us for weeks, which I have enjoyed (the "creativity thing" I guess) but have only had success or a comfort level with one program I've been using on a "trial demo" basis because I really don't want to pay $40. for the usable version.  I've spent countless hours searching for a free version - spent far more than $40. worth of time in the search for sure, which frustrates the heck out of me and fuels my searching ... I've about given up and am considering "throwing in the towel" and going to Best Buy and buying a program ~ and because I am technically challenged I can't even figure out if I spend the $40. on the real version of what I've been using am I downloading the thing on line or are they sending me a disc?  Why am I such an idiot about some things?  Rick says it's because I don't want to learn about it!  HMMMMM 
So, on to other things (that I DO know something about)  The other night we went to the Wells Fargo laser light show that is held every night during the summer in Falls Park (the same place we went for the 4th of July picnic).  We had Arlo with us, didn't bring chairs so we sat on the lawn and it was very buggy!  They narrate a great history of Sioux Falls that includes the laser light show on the side of an old brick building.  While all this is going on they have the falls lit up - it really is spectacular ... but above is truly the best shot (pretty darned poor isn't it) I could come up with of the falls lit up .... We stayed about an hour or an hour and a half.  Next time we'll bring chairs, bug spray and no dog.
Last night was the start of the Sioux Falls Jazz and Blues Fest.  The highlight last night was Taj Mahal (no Candy he didn't ;-(  sing the Fishin' Blues song while we were there).  As you can see from the last picture on this blog entry, my camera issues continued last night for sure!  

The Festival is free and open, of course, to the public.  You do have to pay a $10. parking fee or can park off site for free and pay a $3.00 per person shuttle fee.  It is such a family event and just a great time.  The community involvement in the city is quite impressive.  I will be volunteering this afternoon from 4-8.  However, it poured, really poured and thunder and lightening, starting around 4:00 this morning and is still a bit grey out so we shall see - hopefully the rain will continue to hold off and the "show will go on".

******** P.S. Honey just called from the airport - flight delays in Chicago have put a bit of a damper on the great start to the travel day!!!  We shall see - hope you're tracking him also Frick. *********



1 comment:

Michelle McGee said...

I can't wait to sit down and catch up with your blog!

I awarded and tagged you...

http://fromichelle.blogspot.com/2008/07/awarded.html