Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The circus is here, the circus is here!!


The circus came to town ~ no I don't think I'm going to run away and join them when they leave though! 

When Sir and I were out for our 7:00 AM walk they started rolling in.  I went down later to watch the raising of the tent etc.  Nope, Sir didn't go with me because he is not a pleasant dog and I was afraid he'd try to take on an elephant so, much to his dismay he stayed home!

Speaking of elephants, do you know that they don't use them to raise the tents anymore?  I suspect PETA had something to do with that but they did have one lone elephant in the tent for "show" as the trainer told me, but they had two tractors doing the work.  Below is a crappy picture of inside the tent (my inability to take flash photos is quite clear here) ~  I posted this poor picture because I like the contrast of the old way and the new way ~ there really is an elephant in that picture who is raising a pole but also a tractor raising a pole.

Below is why every time I see an elephant I think of my Dad.  My dad was very involved with the Seashore Trolley Museum in Maine.  Every year SSTM would have the circus come there. Well my dad was the elephant rider during the set up one year - Here the elephant (being ridden by Dad) is pulling the trolley car.  One of my favorite photos of my dad for sure!
Here is the elephant today leaving the tent and going back to his "house"" for some well deserved breakfast - or mid-morning snack of hay and watermelon!

I will leave you with this lovely goat ~ I swear the old guy was posing for this photo!  Doesn't he look like an ornery, crotchety old guy!  There were a couple baby goats in the pen also and I'm sure they drove him crazy running around like crazy kids!  (yes the pun was intended)

Sir and I are off to Lowe's now to get the lumber for the closet fix and the hose connector.  And yup it's going to rain any second!  I'm truly wondering if this closet thing just isn't meant to be!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Great photos! I especially love the one of your dad.