Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just another Sunday

So last night, being Saturday and all, we decided to explore some more of Sioux Falls.

We have been in search of the local Elks Lodge - what a fiasco that has proven to be.  We have three books listing Lodges addresses and phone numbers etc.  Well this particular lodge has a different address listed in each book and only a recorder at the listed phone number.  It really is insane and frustrating!  So we ended up at the local VFW post, who had entertainment last night - a "country western" band.  Well C&W isn't our favorite genre but it was really pretty good and the entertainment value was way up there!

What's up with "dancing" to C&W?  It appeared to us that you just go around in a big huge circle over and over - it was "interesting" to watch to say the least.  I am certainly no dancer of any kind but I found this odd.  Rick said it reminded him of roller skating way back when - everyone just follows each other around and around!  There was one guy (well a couple) that Rick was calling "Speed Racer" he was funny to watch - it was like he was in a race of some sort and was cutting through the middle and around other people - it reminded me of a kid cutting in line in first grade....... oh well enough of my critique of something I am not good at to begin with.  It was apparently someones birthday there last night and this second picture today is their entertainment - in addition to the band!  Hope you can enlarge that picture - it's a beauty.  And I took a video for my friend "Moelicious" who is a huge C&W fan - just having trouble (of course!) loading it to be a video rather than a still shot!


After we left the VFW we stopped in the Downtown area - where there was an outside group - it was terrific but we only stayed for about 30 minutes.  The band was great, the weather was perfect ~ what more could a person want!

So today I think the bikes will finally come out and we may head out on some back roads and maybe end up in Minnesota or Iowa ... we shall see.  I think I'll get my bicycle out also.  I rode it a bit in Spearfish and found out just how truly out of shape I am - I did persevere tho and will keep at it here.  It is beyond my comprehension how my son Chad rode his bicycle from Boston to New York City, not once but twice!  He was 16 and 17 when he did it and in far better shape than his 53 7/8 year old, out of shape Mom and he trained and trained and trained.

Also yesterday we found where we are moving to on Thursday when our week here is up.  The traffic (highway) noise here is brutal so yours truly hasn't had a great nights sleep since we've been here - hopefully that will change.  There is a county Fairgrounds here that has full hook up sites with 50 amp electric where we will be going.  It was incredibly peaceful when we were there yesterday to check it out so we will go over again today and make our reservation and give them some $$.  There were only about six other coaches there but I felt comfortable there and would be comfortable there alone while Rick is gone.  The only downside is they are having a "Rock Fest" at the fairgrounds (not near the "campsites" we'll be at) on the 25, 26 and 27th - but interestingly enough that is when Sir Arlo and I will be in Iowa with my sister!!!  Isn't it great how things just "work out"!

No comments: