Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ho hummmmm

Not much happening around these parts.  Sunday we rode for a while after we made arrangements to move to the fairgrounds camping area on Thursday ~ thankfully it is quiet over there.  Where we are now is right next to interstate 90 and constant highway noise.  I need a decent nights sleep.  And to top that off I was reading until 1:30 this morning then up at 5:30 ... I guess I am my own worst enemy sometimes!  Then again, I think we all are at one point or another!

Yesterday, being the first real business day since we arrived in Sioux Falls (Friday was a holiday) we got some errands done.  We needed to find a place for Rick to have some lab work done before he goes back to his doctor in MA in a couple weeks.  It was amazing how easy that was to do here ~ even if we do have to coordinate it with his doctor in MA.  Some of you may recall the incredible frustration we had trying to coordinate scans in FL with his doctor in MA.  THAT was an absolute nightmare, complicated by a medical facility in Jacksonville whose staff just didn't give a damn about patients ~ Sioux Falls on the other hand was just as easy as could be, no "attitude" to deal with, just a smile and a "how can we help you" attitude, just as it should be!  I have been struggling lately with my "why can't everyone just get along" issue/question so this was a refreshing event for me!  

We also had to register to vote, again, as we used our mail forwarding service address when we registered in September and we should have used the address of the hotel we stayed at!  We also did concealed weapons applications (a long story, for a different day, as to why I am applying!!).  When we came out of the Sioux Falls Law Enforcement Center I spotted this great statue.  So, Sgt. Shawn, this picture is for YOU!  I thought it was a great statue.  The city of Sioux Falls has a terrific display of statues along the main street in the downtown area.  I will take pictures, but probably not today ..... well maybe today ~ who knows.  We should really wash filthy motorcycles today and do some laundry and cleaning and take care of a few maintenance issues, but we shall see.  All that of course will be after I have a little "nap"!

No comments: