Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, October 1, 2008

so many things ......


It's been a few days ...  ooooooops ... and lots of things on my mind (such as it is) so first ..

Chad .... I am there with you in spirit .. and am  a phone call away and a few hours in flight ..

Beth and Patrick ......... ah guys I can't stand the excitement and how many months do we all have to go?!?!  it is so difficult to zip my lip (do ya think) 'cause Grampa, Papa, Grampie, Granddad, ..(what will he be referred to as???)  as we all know he doesn't want to know ...

Congrats to  Donny O and Pat C  ........... hope you guys and your families enjoy it as much as we have - are we so darned lucky or what?!?!

and Markus ....... thank you so much for finding my shades for me ~ YOU were the only one to pick up on that .. I realized it about 60 seconds after I posted that but no one else caught it - well no one else pointed it out and it surely made me laugh when you did - quite perceptive there Markus!

Okie dokie here we go... the photo above is our tacky stuff that we love so much along with the "fall decor" at our site .. gotta love it the flamingos, palm trees, chrysanthemums and pumpkin.  I just love this time of year, but as much as I'm enjoying this South Carolina weather (true statement) I would like to hear the crunch of New England leaves beneath my flip flops!

Below is Sir swimming and stick retrieving on Lake Wylie.  Isn't it funny he could not care less about those geese behind him - all he cares about is that stick!  

We got here today to an amazingly wonderful county park - full (50 or 30 amp) hook up for, I kid you not, $15.00 night!  We are here for at least a few nights but did find out that the local Elks Lodge has a campground down the road on the lake.  We will check that out tomorrow but for now we are so happy we can hardly stand it!
 And below - our site etc.  Don't know if you can really see it but see that tree behind the car - what the heck is that vine climbing the tree?  There is tons of it on the ground (sure hope it isn't poison ivy!) but it climbs only that particular tree.  There are no flowers ~ guess I'll ask the "Ranger" when I meet him.

And below (hope the photo can be enlarged) ... well when we were in Whitman I had three bird feeders outside one of the kitchen windows that cost me nearly 1/2 a mortgage payment every month to keep filled but I sure enjoyed watching two pair of cardinals ~ that I referred to as of course, Mr. C and Mrs. C (yeah I'm sure Rick got tired of hearing about it but........) so when we were walking through one of the "camping" loops today and I spotted this Mr. C I had to capture the handsome guy enjoying his mid afternoon snack!

We are sitting here watching the baseball game and I gotta tell ya it is strange to see Manny without the dreadlocks hanging down beyond the cap!!!  Not to mention Cal Ripkin as an announcer.

Okay so to our travels or lack there of over the last few days.... when last I posted we had a "tranny" issue.  Well that tranny issue turned out to be a fuel filter issue!  WHEW 

We were in Gaffney, sort of on an emergency basis, for a few days.  Remember it was a detour of sorts.  Well we headed about 40 miles east of there today now that the coach issue and scheduled maintenance was done (two weeks ahead of its appointment).  We will be returning back over to Gaffney in a week for the class on the 13th but for now we are here, happily, at the lake.  

What should have been a 35 mile trip today turned into about 50 miles because the darned GPS failed us - first time in a year, but damn it had us down a dirt road that ended at a flippin' gravel pit today - oh it was a beautiful sight ... me outside guiding Rick to back up so we could turn around ... while of course the dump trucks full of gravel etc. were trying to get by us and on with their deliveries or whatever!  Yeah a Kodak moment for sure but thankfully the camera (Nikon, not Kodak) was in the coach while I was being the outside navigator.

 


No comments: