Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rambling on a Thursday morning


Just an early morning ramble as I sit here with my pot of Starbucks (one of my addictions).  I have been very lax with my posts and picture taking lately haven't I?  I guess because we haven't really been doing much or seeing much until we got here to the Cherry Point area to spend some time with the "kids" and that's pretty much all we've done since we got here.  Heck I haven't even worked on the new blog since my first frustrating attempt and I've got to work on it while I have the free 14 day trial!



I haven't even posted any pictures of the beautiful campground we are at right now except for two of the beach/parking area the other day.  So I guess these photos can suffice for that as they do show our site and the nice woodsy (my favorite kind of sites) spacious setting.  Yesterday Rick took Sir down to the water to go swimming and this is what they do when they come back from the beach - Sir has to get dried off some and as soon as the towel comes out he is certain it is a play thing for him.  Something I started quite a while ago, and I am often reminded of what a bad thing I did.  I used to give the towel to Arlo after I was done drying him off and of course the towel would be destroyed.  If you look closely at the first picture you can see that Rick is talking to Arlo and it looks like Arlo is listening quite intently to every word but in the second picture the rascal sets in and he is going for the towel!

I think I will probably be the one to have swim time today with Sir - Rick is fighting the beginning of a cold and is quite miserable so I suspect he will be laying low today.  If I take Arlo swimming I will bring my camera because there are some beautiful sites at the beach area of this section of the Neuse River which is looking over to "downtown" New Bern I believe and it is quite pretty, although what we saw of the "historic" district had too much road construction going on for me to bother to go down there again.

Today is pumpkin carving day for Connor so we (or perhaps Grammie alone if Rick doesn't feel up to it) will be over there to witness that event.  The kids were here for supper and a campfire and s'mores.  Rick and I were so tired we went to bed and left a sink full of supper dishes - UH OH that's is a big no no in this house but we did it anyway ... so I guess I'll close for now and go wash dishes while it is still too cold out to swim - it was 37 degrees out when I got up this morning and 35 yesterday!  COOOOOOOOLD

No comments: