Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, October 27, 2008

Tis the season for ...


Pumpkin shopping!  

Last year (I think it was, but it may have been two years ago) Joshua, Trisha, Connor, Rick and I went to a "pumpkin patch" somewhere in California near where the kids were living ... there are some great photos of that trip but it was before we had the Mac and iphoto so who knows where they may be!  Anyway, above is the 2008, Walfart version of pumpkin shopping (yup I liked the pumpkin patch shopping better).

When we were on our way to the store I mentioned to Connor that we needed to get some dog food for Arlo and maybe he could help us remember because Grammie and Rick don't remember things very good.  He tells us he'll keep his "eyes out for Arlo's food" ..... the boy just  cracks me up ... am I an obnoxious Grammie or what?  Can't help it .. the changes in Connor's speech and mannerisms in the six months since we last saw him are unbelievable.  It is like carrying on a conversation with a miniature adult.

So here he is below with the food for Arlo.
We thought we would be leaving tomorrow and heading south to Myrtle Beach but on the way to the kids today we stopped at a National Forest campground area (Flanners Beach at Croatan National Forest) that I had read about.  I was unable to find much information on line about this campground - other than the fact that you couldn't make reservations there and there were no water and sewer hook ups so I sort of just blew it off.  Well, this is where we are moving to tomorrow.  The sites are beautiful, yes only electric, but worth the inconvenience of lack of full hook up.  They are beautifully wooded and fairly private and we can have campfires!!!   For those of us that are campfire deprived these days that was the "clincher" in the decision.  So we will be there for a few (four or five probably) nights, which works out nicely because Trish's parents, aunt and grandmother are arriving from Michigan late Thursday so they can help Connor trick or treat on Friday and I had wanted to see them.  They are good people, whose company we very much enjoy.  

So above is a view of the beach area and below is just the moss hanging from the trees in the beach parking area!
The campsites are about 1/8 mile behind this parking area.  Yippee ~ thankfully there is a house down the road from the campground that sells firewood - we may make their November mortgage payment for them.  It is quite chilly here tonight (60 ish at the moment but 54 when I woke up this morning) and suppose to be colder tomorrow so I suspect these will be daytime campfires!

Oh and by the way, I started trying to create the squarespace blog today ... got overwhelmed and took a break!  Stay tuned for that one ... why oh why am I so technically challenged?  Oh yeah, it's because I put up this mental block.

No comments: