Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, October 17, 2008

No pictures

I am not sure I've mentioned that we are now in Fayetteville, NC at an Elks Lodge.  Been a long time since we've stayed at a lodge I think.  This one has eight pretty decent "sites" with water and electric (no sewer and no dump area) and a huge area for Sir to run around and act like a nut - which he desperately needed (there was a lot of pent up energy there, even with his swimming in the lake in Rock Hill several times a day!).  The lodge is also very friendly and welcoming (not all are).

Every Thursday night the Lodge does bingo at the local VA hospital/nursing home so we volunteered last night.  I think we were both a bit apprehensive, not really knowing what we were getting ourselves into.  We both were really glad we went,  but I didn't feel it was appropriate to take photos there so none for today.  The mix of ages was surprising to me ... several older men including a Sergeant Major who was telling all the women how beautiful they are and a Colonel, both older gentlemen.   There were probably four or five guys under 50 and a couple females probably under 50.  The rest of the patients (probably 10 guys) were older ~ 70+ I would guess.

Today who knows what we are doing.  I desperately need to find a produce store ~ I sure miss the one we used to go to in MA and other than when we were in Oceanside, CA I haven't been able to find a good one, and strangely enough I don't find any roadside stands in these parts either.  We had also talked about driving up to Selma to the cigar store Rick usually orders on line from ... we shall see.  It is suppose to rain today and tomorrow ~ maybe I'll just start a new book!

No comments: