Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, October 19, 2008

Catching up on Sunday


The other day ~ Thursday I think ~ I was getting breakfast ready and there was all this bird noise outside and I commented to Rick that there was a bird convention going on in our yard.  I looked out and saw four or five of these guys and about 25 sparrows.  Well I'd never seen a bird this blue and beautiful and had no idea what it was.  I was going to put the question out to all the ornithologists who might read the blog who could identify this fella but I decided to do a wikipedia search instead.  Yup it is a bluebird - isn't he (she?) so beautiful.  They were out there at their convention for quite a while - 45 minutes or so.  At one point I went into the bedroom to get some photos of them and looked over to this smeggy pond that is behind our "site" that we've been tring to keep Arlo away from.

I happened to notice some "action" in the water and called Rick in to see it - the photo below is incredibly poor but if you can enlarge it and look on the ground closest to the tree on the right you will see three or four otters that were frolicking in the smeggy green/brown water.  I've been hopiong they'll come back so I can get a better photo but it hasn't happened yet  ;-(
Just for conversations sake, below is Richard making his "famous" chicken marcella ..... when Rick and I first started "dating" (isn't that a stupid phrase for two adults???  Makes me feel like 16 years old or something, and frankly, I don't want to be 16 again - once was certainly enough ... but anyway) Rick and I were making chicken marcella on Crescent St. and somewhere (who the heck knows exactly where) there is a photo very similar to this one, but perhaps there is more hair and less grey, but cutting green peppers none the less!
We just took this photo of Sir outside the Lodge that we are staying at - the sign doesn't even show the Lodge number because it is blocked by the plants (lantana maybe??) .... guess a bit of yard maintenance is in order .. We have really enjoyed our stay here and decided a while ago to extend by a couple days (like that is anything new!!)
Below is a photo of my new purchase!  HUH a new sewing machine.  The one I had for a million years ~ well actually it was a high school graduation present so that was close to a million years ~ I donated to the Sharon Senior Citizens Center and kept a lesser used one that I had.  I swore I wasn't going to be sewing much anyway but I have a very special project to start and got out the machine and UGH it was having "issues" - this was a machine I never used except to wind bobbins.  So we decided to just replace it and here is the very basic new one ~ pretty darned exciting isn't it!  What a way to spend a Sunday waiting for the Red Sox to start in a few hours.... now it's time to go "mend" the bathrobe whose zipper has been coming "undone" for a couple years!!!

No comments: