Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, November 1, 2008

Feel the love.......?


This blog post started out this morning being titled "Is it really November?!?!".  I had uploaded five or six photos (which are below but these took priority) then saved that so I could complete the post "later".  In fact I went back a couple hours later and uploaded another photo, but still didn't do the text .... um is there a pattern here?  Yeah I have become quite a procrastinator!  
Anyway, we are leaving here tomorrow and wanted to get together with the "kids" before we left of course.  Trish's family came into town late late Thursday (Larry I can't imagine how you can drive for 11 hours straight) from Michigan.  So we all got together here at the campground.  It is always so good to see Trish's family - just "good people" who have welcomed my son into their lives from day one (well maybe from the first meeting?!) with "open arms".

The top photo was taken by Rick, thankfully because the two I took of the group around the table somehow Trish's Grandmother was block out, which was certainly NOT acceptable in a family photo!  The second photo was Connor playing with Rick's iphone and Josh's iphone _ I wish Chad was here so his iphone could have been included for a hat trick photo!

Now the photos from the post I had started with bright and early!  I had mentioned a couple days ago (I think) that I would post some photos of the area.  Well Sir and I went to the beach here at the campground yesterday and these are views looking both ways on the beach.  Not only is it a terrific beach (albeit narrow) but it is deserted!  YEAH!

This is along the Neuse River in Havelock/New Bern.  In the distance of the photo above I think you can see New Bern.  

It was incredibly windy down there yesterday and I was not dressed properly so we didn't stay long.  However, I'm not sure an entire day would be long enough for Sir Arlo.  He has far too much energy ~ especially when it comes to chasing sticks in the water, that his humans are required to continually throw.
But another energy burner that doesn't require significant physical output from humans (other than being on one end of the leash) is romping in the woods and acting like a fool ~ oh Sir is real real good at that!  Sometimes, however, it provides a decent photo op!  Yeah yeah beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or the camera holder?)
Now on to Halloween (probably my least favorite "holiday" UGH how challenging it is for me to "enjoy" Halloween.  Being around Connor cutie pie has changed that quite a bit)

Below is Connor doing his BOO face!
And here is the family pumpkin carving the other night .... guess who did the carving?  Connor did help put the pattern on the pumpkin (before he ran off to play computer games)! 

TA DA the finished product ......

GREAT JOB JOSH







No comments: