Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, January 2, 2009

some randomness



We haven't been doing much for the last week - mostly "laying low".  Rick's been out on his bike a few times, I was out for a while one day.  I finally decided enough was enough with this feeling like crap and the cold that won't leave so I went to the doctor ~ three prescriptions and four tubes of blood later I can at least stay vertical for most of the day!  Now if I can just get  off the club soda diet!

So with all that said, here are some photos .......
We take Sir to a boat launch about eight miles down the road to play - there are four other dogs here so it's easier for him to be down there.  Above is from the ramp - what is the white bird?  A white flamingo???  Who knows!  Check out the para sailor (yellow smiley face way up high where the birdies fly) yeah that may be our next adventure ~ well maybe in a couple weeks!  Below is a larger view of said bird (you may also be able to see the para sail rope if you can enlarge it - I don't really remember).

Above is the other side of the boat launch ramp.  Rick has Sir but you can't see him.  I think Rick is getting ready to throw the ball our for Arlo to swim to.  Boats tie up to that dock area and go into the bar (The Caribbean Club where part of Humphrey Bogart's Key Largo was filmed) behind us.

Below is the same spot - different day.  This one was on New Years day - those boats are all tied together - from spending New Years Eve out there watching the fire works that were all along the shore.  Several places cancelled, tho I guess because of the wind.  I wouldn't know first hand ~ I was sound asleep by 10:00 PM.


Above a view of one of the gorgeous sunsets down here.  I took this right next to our door.

The one above as well as below were taken looking south  from the balcony of a lovely restaurant we found in Key Largo the other day call Beachfront (oddly enough).  Great food, fabulous view ... As you can see the artists love working here!
The one below is from the same spot but looking north.

Himself walking back to the car after Sir's swimming adventure (Sir is in the car with me)
Larger view of the tied boats.  



Sir has taken to standing/sitting on picnic tables.  Not sure what the heck this new trend is all about but he seems to think it gives him a better view (who knows)!


A hibiscus in bloom.  I saw some beautiful yellow ones today when I was on my bicycle but didn't have the camera with me.  There are also beautiful bougainvillea in bloom here now ... in about five beautiful colors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling a little better.

The sunset picture is beautiful....Down there it's very hard to "not" take pictures of the sky or water.