Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday - the hump day ... (no Frick not that song you used to sing)



It's just been a kind of "lay low" week for me ... not doing much, afraid to venture too far from home etc.  Doctors appt. on Monday, he wanted the procedure that was scheduled for the 22nd done sooner so it will be done on Friday ;-(  I will be damned glad when it's done and we have answers.  In the meantime, Rick and I did go out to dinner tonight to a local Italian place (my favorite) that I found on restaurant.com ~ if you don't know about this site you really and truly should check it out - if, of course you like to eat out and save money (save even more by signing up to get their email offers such as $25.00 gift certificates for $2.00 ... I'm serious).  I don't remember how I first discovered it but, man oh man, it is a great resource for discount dining at some terrific restaurants.

I did ride my bicycle a couple miles down the road today to the Wild Bird Center ~ Candy, you would LOVE this place.  With my issues, the smell really, really got to me, but it was interesting and I wish I'd felt better.  I will surely go back ... it was a very peaceful place, particularly at the far end of the self guided tour when it ended at the water ....

Other than that it wasn't much of a day around here ~ Rick went out on his bike for a while while I hung close by and read (been reading a book every week or so).  Then I took Sir back down to the beach area here (not much beach on the Keys ... no sandy beaches unless they are man made ... because of the coral reefs).  When Rick came home Sir and I were down there for the third time today and Rick grabbed the camera ~ a delightful change for HIM to be behind it clicking away!

That spot on the water (in the photo below) is Sir.  When we used to do water play it was either with his "wilson" (aka soccer ball) or a tennis ball (wishing his pal Casey were here playing with him), his latest thing is rocks ... the water here in the Keys is very very shallow and he has discovered that he can "dig" for rocks ~ well sometimes he picks up a coconut or two.  It is pretty funny to watch him - he really gets into it - going under water and everything.  Wish I could figure out how to post videos here!
Isn't the one below so funny with that rudder (tail place) sticking up, not to mention the drool from both sides of his jowls (Yes, Auntie Mary he is a knucklehead isn't he)!

Rick took him down to the end of the pier/jetty here for a photo op ... Didn't they do great!

And below is looking back at the "campground" from the beach area in the first couple shots.  We are the third coach from the left - next to the one with the flag.  Rick hasn't been able to launch his American Flag because we are a bit too far back into the trees.  We will have to move to dump our "black tank" (probably) before we are scheduled to leave here on February first, so after the move the flag will be up.  
We've been talking with family back in New England over the last couple days ... in fact my sister Candy told me tonight that it was five below in Crown Point, NY when we spoke around 7:30 ... darn guys you're so welcome to catch a flight and join us down here.  It was cooler today than it's been (thankfully) around 70, and last night as well as tonight and fore casted the next few nights will be high 50's - perfect sleeping weather.

Sunday will be the annual "Peck Party" when my family gets together for a once a year celebration (unless there is a wedding or other occasion during the year which would change it to a more than one time a year) ... Rick and I will miss being there again this year, but I was so happy to celebrate the fun event in October. Please take pictures to send to me.  I love you guys and miss you like crazy.



Hopefully, I will get back into a better blogging mode next week after all my stuff is over with and we have answers, medications and solutions.  Hang in there with me pals. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the song that you are referring to is "The Humpty Dance", and saying I 'sang' it in past tense is a bit off......

Anonymous said...

Wow - Tracey -- hope you are feeling better soon.