Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just some photos ..

Lots of sunset photos I guess ... comments I get tell me sunset photos are good .. so here's a few more.  As with everything else, some are better than ever, but I haven't seen a bad one yet!  This was taken a couple evenings ago at "Snooks Bayside" in Key Largo.  It was a very cloudy evening so it made for an interesting sunset (or lack thereof).  About 10 minutes after I took this photo the clouds were so beautiful and pink but there was a body in the way by the time I turned the camera back on.  Below are two more from the same place, same evening.

The next three were taken last night from our "campground" here at the Elks.


Moving on from sunsets are a few pictures I took the other day at the "Ocean View" motel and bar/restuarant in Islamorada (this is the place where we took great pictures of how we spent Chirstmas 2007 down here).  It is one of our favorite place to go in these parts ~ they are very dog friendly, the have a terrific outside seating area, a pool that the restaurant patrons can use (we haven't), a playground area for kids, a dock a bit down from the restuarant where the picture below was taken of Sir playing in the water surrounded by mangroves!



We are winding down around here - leaving on Sunday so Saturday will be spent cleaning the coach, loading and securing the bikes in the trailer and a few other things in preparation.  As I'd mentioned before it is bittersweet to be leaving here.  We had sort of planned to stay in Texas next winter for a couple months but are rethinking that "plan".  We have had another great stay here and still have things we want to do and see.  We shall see ~ as most people know, we aren't so good at making plans and keeping them!

Rick is out on his bike ~ I'd planned on going but it seemed best I stay close to home for a while, so hopefully we'll get out together tomorrow and for a couple hours Saturday morning.  We are parking cars here at the Lodge this evening for a Conservation Commission event after which we will go out to dinner - man these $50. lunches and $100. dinners are truly catching up with us ~ as in waist lines!  I said to Rick the other day, when we leave here and get back to our "normal" eating habits it will be like we got a huge raise we'll be saving so much money!  We have been very out of control down here!

Guess that's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the sunset pics. I have a big fancy camera and don't think I could take better ones. So beautiful. I see you're heading North now...!