Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Saturday ride ...


On the bikes took us to Alabama Jacks on Biscayne Bay ..... how much fun we had eating conch fritters (it has become an obsession of mine now) and fish sandwiches and people watching.  But as you can see, the surroundings aren't so bad either ... I am just loving all these mangrove swamps.  The road this place is on has water on both sides and a large high bridge (that yes we did ride over - aren't you so proud of us Jonathan!)  We came into Jacks from the east side so we never connected to route one on the west but this was the only building we ever saw on this road - and is it really a building?  It actually floats on two barges, so does that make it a boat or a building?  Hmmmmm.....


On Saturday and Sunday they have entertainment - a "C&W" band - Moelicious you would have loved it!  The photo above and one below show you how good the people watching is ~ she is 77 years old, has ten children and I don't know how many grandchildren (and perhaps great grandchildren) and she is a dancing machine - above she has on her tap shoes, below she's got her "cowgirl" boots!  What a hoot she was.  She told us she usually comes to Jacks on Sunday because on Saturday she works in her garden but she wanted to dance two days this weekend!  In the photo above you can just barely see the matching garter on her right leg - trust me when I tell you there were dollar bills tucked in that garter!  I can't wait to go back next week!


Today while Rick was napping I rode my bicycle down to the grocery store for a couple things and on the way back the Goodyear Blimp was headed south - of course, once again, I didn't have the camera with me.  When I got home it was headed north so I did get a couple "decent" shots of it.  I imagine it was in Miami covering THE football game ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moelicious would have loved it there. I would also have loved being at your spaghetti dinner. I would have freaked out at the 65 people thing, but my sauce woulda been dynamite! Hey, it's not often your name is in the bright lights on a Marquis Sign is it? Way to go you two!