Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, January 19, 2009

Some sights from Tavernier and Plantation Key

So that you know I am still capable (well, maybe) of posting ... here are some pictures from the area ... sorry, kind of boring I know, but like I've mentioned we haven't been doing much!  And these are in NO particular order for sure.

Above is looking from the empty space next to us (pretty close sites huh!) at us and the water (aka Arlo's playground)  It's close isn't it!
Above, is what Sir can do to a coconut he finds in the water ... boredom has set in for him too I guess.
Some of the beautiful bougainvillea that is so prevalent in these parts.  That particular one went up the stairs and was woven through the railing on the right side of the porch.
Another of the "fun" things in these parts is mailboxes ... we noticed it, um obviously, when we were first down here seven or eight years ago.  Above is a dolphin.
Here is an iguana - apparently he was injured in some way.  We were driving down this road so Rick could see the "airport" (which was really a grass strip and a house with a plane under it.  Anyway, there were three people standing next to this guy and I hadn't seen one this large (three feet or so) so I got out to do a couple photos - the people said one of his eyes was bleeding (I didn't confirm it!).  But when we went by it again the people had left and the iguana was heading to the trees - after having eaten the lettuce they left for him!
More of the pretty flora in these parts (above and below)


More mailboxes - this time mommy and baby manatee above and single below (what a crummy picture huh!!)  WOW where did the color go?).
Not to mention a seahorse.

Birds outside the Cuban cafe - above is a bunch (five I think) pelicans in the water and a Great White Heron (??) on the fish cleaning table!  I have no clue what the guy below is but I liked his yellow eye and beak.  
The gorgeous landscaping and fountain outside what seems to be my home away from home ~ Mariner's Hospital.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Tavernier to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane