Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday morning

Yesterday we left the Nashville area and traveled to Sevierville which is about 15 miles south east of Knoxville.  I think we'll be here for close to a week as this is a nice (although big) campground, very nice and quiet and we are in the foothills (I am pretty sure) of the Smoky Mountains and the Appalachian Mountains, a couple pictures (windshield bugs included) here.

We didn't have the most pleasant travel day yesterday.  Apparently there had been a major accident over the weekend on the freeway just outside Nashville (gosh we had fun there) and the east bound section of the highway was totally closed so the powers that be could do an "accident investigation" so we lost an hour there.  But I guess it could have been worse at least we had our bathroom and could make sandwiches etc...  When we got going again we started getting into higher elevations with winds.  It was a looooong day (we did about 230 miles come on! our limit is 200 so of course it was a long day).  

It was 80 ish degrees here yesterday and was 56 degrees when Sir and I went for our first walk this morning so it is great sleeping weather and it appears that this is how it will be for the rest of the week!  Terrific riding and playing weather.  Although I would like to see some fall foliage soon, there were a few and I mean a few trees turning off in the distance as we traveled the higher elevations yesterday.  So today we will start by unloading the car and the bikes.  I hope to try like heck to teach Arlo how to run along side my bicycle, with lots of help from Rick hopefully we can succeed.  Rick is a far far better trainer than I ~ I think it is because he has the patience (perhaps of a saint!) ... after all he's dealt with me for all these years!  Since it's nice and quiet and uncrowded here I think it's a good place to start.  Stay tuned on that one!

No comments: