Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, September 12, 2008

The banks of the mighty, muddy Miss


Yesterday we traveled from Jackson, MS to West Memphis, Arkansas - the Mississippi River runs between here and Memphis, TN.  Our campground is right on the River and above is a picture of what we see constantly (edit - I've been trying for hours to put one darned picture above and apparently blogger is having continued issues so I'm just gonna post this without the picture and include it in a later post ARGH how frustrating this can be sometimes) ... Below is a picture of our site.  This is probably the nicest, quietest and most peaceful campground we have been at in a long time.  We had "booked" the site for two nights but I am going up to the office shortly to extend for at least three more nights.

Not only is this a terrific campground, there is so much to do in the area.  Last night we went into Memphis - to the downtown area ~ Beal Street, which is similar to Bourbon Street in NOLA.  Beal Street has blues club after blues club as well as street performers - not to mention dancing in the streets - yours truly below.  Gosh we had fun.  The weather has been so hot and humid though - just gross humidity.  Today is fairly windy - I guess it is the winds ahead of Ike, tomorrow is suppose to rain some and hopefully be a little cooler.  It is even too hot to get the bikes out and ride ~ we have to put a new mirror on mine before we can ride anyway.



And our plan for Monday is ............. you guessed it~

"I'm going to Graceland
Graceland
In Memphis Tennessee
I'm going to Graceland..."

I'm going to Graceland,
For reasons I cannot explain
There's some part of me wants to see
Graceland"


We did go there yesterday, but it was closed.  We could see the "mansion" from the street but will go back on Monday to do the "tour" and hopefully it will be really hokie and tacky - stay tuned cause you know there will be pictures of this one!  I did take a few yesterday but I'll save them for the Graceland blog post - and keep y'all in suspense!  The picture above had the sun in my eyes and I think my sun glasses were in the car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice place Tracey -- is that Tom Sawyer CG? I've heard that one is right on the river but the pictures I have seen of it did not have trees.

You may know this already now - but if not - love bugs fly in May and September (grin). We were told you can avoid them if you drive before 9 or after 5. We tried the before 9 once time and it was much better.

Say Hi to Elvis.