Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, September 20, 2008

I hear music, sweet sweet music

The other day (when we were still in Memphis!) Rick went to Sun Studios - where Elvis recorded his first record ~ this is another of Memphis' claims to fame.  
Above is the microphone he (Elvis not Rick) used and below is the studio itself ~

And another view of the studio.  The "x" on the floor is where Elvis stood to record.
Above is the reception area in the original Sun Studio and below is the door Elvis walked through the first time he came to Sun to record a record for his mother's birthday.

Now we are outside Nashville.  The campground we are at has music every Thursday night and this past Thursday was blue grass music by the group below - it was just terrific.  I've gotta say I never in my wildest imagination thought I'd be in Tennessee listening to live blue grass!  I'm not sure why Tennessee has so many genres but boy I love it - Blues in the Memphis area country and blue grass in the Nashville area.
Last night we went into Nashville for a while.  We got in there around 7:30 and it was not crowded but by the time we left around 10:00 the places were packed.  Lots of "cowboys" wearing cowboy hats for you Moelicious.

Great guitar pick sign isn't it!  

And tonight we are going to ???????  

You got it The Grand Ole Opry!  Really looking forward to that ~ how can we be in Nashville and not go there?

Tennessee has been having huge gas issues the last few days with long long (like 5 blocks) lines and stations running out of gas.  It is so reminiscent of the 1970's and something I really never thought I'd see again in my lifetime!

No comments: