Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie

"Good-bye Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou
My Yvonne, the sweetest one, me oh my oh
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo
'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou"

I just wanted to hear Hank Williams there singing it - or anyone singing it while we were there but they had no entertainment (well there were four kids running all over the deck we were on trying to enjoy this lovely place in peace and quiet - I guess their parents wanted to enjoy their meal in quiet too so sent the kids outside  -  UGH).

And nope I didn't have crawfish pie or jambalaya - I had crawfish etouffee and Rick had catfish.  My etouffee was outstanding - and I shall have the rest of it for breakfast!  Rick's fish was good, but not a lot of it.

I hope these pictures can be enlarged ~ it was so pretty down there and so peaceful when the little darlings left!  We were there as the sun was setting but the pictures I took of it weren't great so they ended up in the trash bin.

I never thought of a bayou as having turtles but this one had hundreds of them, and some fish but the water was too dark for me to try to figure out what kind of fish they were (yeah I guess I could have asked huh ~ didn't think of that until just now).  It was funny to sit out there and look at the water and see all these turtle heads popping up from the water!  A very nice (and thankfully quiet) boy about 10 years old came out to see them and I gave him my french fries to feed them - then the left over hush puppies.  I think turtles are not concerned about fat and cholesterol 'cause they devoured them in short order.

The order of the day is clean this coach before we head to have the mods done.  The man who is doing them is a neat freak and I don't want him - or anyone else - seeing this place as "nasty" as it is at the moment.  Rick has to clean out a couple of the outside cabinets - they've gotten kind of "nasty" from setting up and breaking down a couple times this week in the rain.  After our housekeeping chores are done it is foooooootball day - YIPPY ... hopefully Tom Brady is healed and we shall start another season with a win!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, Yeah, about that healed part....ummm.....