Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday, that ended up being Friday's post

Another sunset picture to start I guess!  I took this Tuesday evening ~ wish I could get the wires out of my pictures though.

We've been off line for a couple days having satellite issues and no internet is really frustrating ~ gee what did people do years ago huh!  Anyway, Rick somehow got us internet back yesterday but we still have no satellite television so no Red Sox - boooo hiss.  I guess today he'll "call the man" and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.  We shall see we shall see.

On Wednesday we took Sir to the Veterans Park here in Sioux Falls - another of the gorgeous parks here.  We hadn't been there before and were quite impressed.  It is down the street from the park that has the Japanese Garden (haven't been to that one either!) and down the street from the family aquatic center - pools, huge water slides etc. for the public (don't know if it includes "transients" or not though).  Anyway, we had a nice walk through the park and Sir got to do some swimming and ball chasing (but missed Casey with the ball chasing part).


Then on Wednesday night we went to another Canaries game.  This was the last night they'll be in town before we leave so we decided to get in one more game.  So of course, more pictures.  "Cagey" the mascot of course walked by us several times so we couldn't pass up that photo op.  I had on my Red Sox sweatshirt - Cagey is trying to cover it up!!  So funny that silent bird!  I just had to take another shot of Cagey's backside - love that tail!  At the stadium (called the "Bird Cage") they have a section called the "party deck" - $20. gets you the game, all the food you can eat and all the drink you can drink - no hard liquor and only Miller Lite for beer but hey, it worked (water and diet soda for me, I'm not a beer kind of girl).  I pretty good deal do ya think?  Oh yeah ~ the Canaries won.


All week long at the fairgrounds there have been many police cruisers here for some sort of training every morning.  Rick found out yesterday that they hire people to be the "bad guys" ~ he wished he'd known sooner ~ he thinks that would be a good job for him too, he says he can be a bad guy!

I think we are going to get the bikes out today and wash them then hopefully put on a few miles.  Speaking of which I did 4 1/2 miles on the bike trail last night ... what a gorgeous ride along the river (the Big Sioux River).  So peaceful it was and I didn't know I was capable of that distance, which of course makes me wonder how Chad did Boston to New York twice ... man I couldn't even do the entire bike trail, which I think is a 13 mile loop!  Ah youth!  Ah training!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the explanation about what Cagey was doing. I thought he was being a naughty bird and getting frisky.