Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Thursday morning quickie


Above is Baby Whelan's (Baby Alves-Whelan??) latest photo.  Isn't (s)he  beautiful and getting so big!  It is amazing to me how distinct the face and arms are at this point ....

And you know the one above is the worst picture of us ever taken but it is so unclear who it is that perhaps I could convince you it isn't really us!  Rick insisted the photo be taken from outside looking in ..... hence the glare.  Anyway, that is us on the first night of our "work job" selling ride tickets.  One down four to go.  It was quite a study in humanity I'll tell you ~ and the word is the economy is poor ~ by the end of the night we had gone through thousands of dollars worth of tickets ...... it was absolutely amazing to both of us.  The place was mobbed - Sugarland (a country music group I guess) was playing last night and that drew a heck of a crowd.  Like I said, a great study in humanity it was .... there sure are "all kinds" out there.  We did have fun though and the night passed fairly quickly except the last hour when I don't think we sold even $100. worth of tickets.

Gotta run now and get to the auto service place - need the ac "recharged" and have to get back in time for the "senior lunch" here at the fair.  Then we have to take Sir to play at a quiet park before "work" tonight.  Sir is absolutely petrified of all the goings on here and he went to the vet yesterday and it seems I am not the only one packing on the pounds - he has gained 10.3 himself ... another case of lack of exercise I guess, although I am riding my bicycle some ... Arlo, not so much.

No comments: