Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, August 23, 2008

A long week with no internet


UGH, it's been a long week without internet I never (well I guess I really have) realized how dependant I am on it!  We have been busy busy busy but I still like to "check in" at least once a day.

We are in another very busy Fairgrounds.  There is this huge cow at the entrance and surprisingly enough Sir wasn't afraid!  Perhaps because he has also been so busy that he was too tired to be afraid - unlikely though!  He has been swimming and playing in one of the many many lakes around here (remember, Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes!).  He NEEDS Casey with him to play ball in the lakes!



One of the three or four events happening in the fairgrounds this weekend is a chilli and ribs cookoff competition.  We went to the chilli tasting last night ..... and of course over indulged .. I had to take a picture of one of the smokers set up for the ribs today (you know, that "pig thing" I've got going on!).  Also, blue grass music all during the event.
We are, once again, down the road from a small local airport.  This weekend, there is an airshow.  Rick is quite an airplane "nut" so we will be there again today.  Yesterday we were there while the pilots were practicing etc.  Very interesting.  I guess airplane people get as obsessive as motorcycle people can get.  There were some "beauties" there.  One in particular just stood at at me ...  I hope you can click on it to enlarge - if not check this out!  I am going to do an album of plane photos on our picassa site when I have internet at the house again.  In the meantime here are a few more.



 
 

That's all for today... Hopefully, I'll play "catch up" next week.

No comments: