Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, June 17, 2008

HELP, SOS, someone please throw me a lifeline



So here we sit, day NINE!!!  So you get a clearer picture of our location .... we sit on a main road (N. Main St. to be exact), not 300 yards from interstate 15, not 1/4 mile from Hill Air Force Base, with very loud jets all day long and the other way 1/4 mile are train tracks with lots of late night traffic.  Oh the good stuff, there is a 8' X 15' patch of thick green grass out front for Arlo to pee and poop on every morning, there is a great butcher shop next door and a fruit store and grocery store and state liquor store I can walk to.......... 

Did I mention we are starting day NINE here.  Rick had trouble yesterday with the awning that was "fixed" last week on you guessed it day FIVE - so much for that "fix"!  And great news, some mensa candidate and/or powers that be decided on DAY flippin' FIVE to order the parts for the outside refrigerator - they shipped from the east coast on Friday - they should be here Thursday or Friday (day 11 or 12) - so much for Rick's thought that we'd be out of here tomorrow after they sun screens arrive and are installed today.  Yeah and there was a knock on the door yesterday to tell us that the warranty work that was sent for approval on Friday - DAY FIVE - was approved saving us 200 bucks - big deal just get me out of here.........my liver can't take anymore.  I am about to finish my second book since we've been here.

What's wrong with this picture..... people that arrived after us have long since gone and there are FIVE flippin new coaches here now - yup and here we sit - for day NINE!  It makes brown desert, wind, sand, 107 degrees and waiting three and a half hours for tire replacement look like a picnic........

I have tried, really tried to make lemonade out of these lemons we've been handed - my patience are long gone, I have a nasty, bitchy disposition (I can't even stand to be around myself anymore), I have no desire to be around other people - least of all anyone who works here. When we finally (if we finally) get the hell out of here Whelan's Wheels won't be seeing Yellowstone or the Tetons when we fly right on through Wyoming on the mad dash to South Dakota - nope those plans have certainly changed - did I mention we are starting day NINE in this hell hole?  

Was it Harry Chapin or Jim Croce that said in a song, if "they" gave the world an enema they'd put the tube somewhere in NJ?  Well I think they did put it here in Sunset Utah.......... someone please get me the hell out of here - until then screw it I'm goin' back to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"mad dash".....huh, what's that mean, 150 miles a day??????