Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, July 2, 2010

whaz been happenin'

As I said in my last post, King Richard went to do the Harley Kansas City tour while I was up north.  While at Harley he found the next bike to love (not the price tag though).


He's been raving and raving about this bike and took some great pictures of it, in all its sparkling, shining glory!

When I was north I took a few photos of family as well as cousins and their families at the service for my aunt.  I'm not gonna post them, my photography (as well as my mind) were a bit off.  I also took a couple pictures of Auntie Gert's yard, which is absolutely outstanding.  Laurie, you and Kevin have kept it so beautiful~just like Auntie Gert always did - you're doing her proud cousin.

My Aunt and Uncle built this house on land that was once part of my grandfather's vast orchards.  It is a pretty little one story (well there is a guest suite above the garage, that cousins have used over the years and my father lived in when he moved to Shelburne to help my aunt when her illness first reared its ugly head.  I believe Auntie Gert and Uncle Gordon designed the house themselves (does anyone know this for sure?).  It overlooks this pretty pond, that at one point had a dock and a canoe or two.  That is where Uncle Gordon would shoot off his vast assortment of fireworks every fourth of July ... oh how he loved loved loved the fourth.  He was like a kid in a candy store with it.


Also,  Auntie Gert collected ducks ~ large ducks, small ducks, plain ducks and fancy ducks.  She even rented ducks for her pond ~ true story, she rented ducks every year and in the winter the ducks would go to ..... ummm wherever you return rented ducks!  She was a trip to say the least.  Anyway, the photo below(hopefully it can be enlarged to get a truer picture of her collection) is of her duck collection that each of us got to choose from as we left ~ I chose the cutest little duck casserole dish ... why I chose anything so fragile for our lifestyle is beyond me, but gosh darn it is a cute little duck!


And of course I have to post a couple pictures of our Muffin Princess who is still a teeny tiny peanut, but growing up so fast ... in this photo she is feeding an english muffin (seriously there is a piece of muffin in her hand) to pictures on the refrigerator - I think she is feeding her Vovos (Bethie's parents).  It was precious to witness this all the while she is saying "num num num".


She is ready, below, to help replace the screen in the sliding door to the deck.  Always ready to help that Princess is.

No comments: