Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, July 25, 2010

the hills the rolling hills etc....

 

Seriously, how can you not love these gorgeous rolling hills and vast open land in South Dakota.  I haven't found one part I don't love - Sioux Falls that has so much to offer ~ great restaurants, fabulous parks throughout the city, many museums.  Then you head west through these hills ...





passing by many many abandoned homes.  This just blows my mind - these homes were someone's dream once, their pride and joy.  If the walls could talk imagine the stories they might tell.  And there are no more stories created within those walls anymore.






Then further along interstate 90 you spot your first glimpse of the amazing bad lands.  I remember when Rick and I were here for rally a few years ago, after we did the badlands ride I called my dad and told him I know why the badlands are referred to as the badlands ~ they surely are bad!  Beautiful and breath taking but BAD!








We won't be riding through the badlands this time through the area, nor will we be riding through Custer State Park either.  We did drive through fabulous Spearfish Canyon yesterday so Sir could go swimming in Spearfish Creek.  That trip will be a post for another day ~ I wish I could upload videos here because I took a couple doozies of him playing - what a clown he is.

So yup we were "suppose" to leave Sturgis this morning but guess what ... nope we didn't!  Rick did some coach and trailer maintenance and I've been at my sewing machine for the last five hours.  We are having a bit of a trailer "issue" that should be addressed sooner rather than later, but the decision when and where is Rick's.  We do have to be out of this campground on the 31st when the rates go up and the campground is sold out for rally!



1 comment:

Beth said...

So many of these pictures look like paintings! What a beautiful place!