Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, July 5, 2010

Are you bored? Want to critique?




So why is it that my pictures of fireworks look, well like crap?  Certainly not like fireworks ... more like trees or flowers or plants of some sort?  Not that that is a bad thing, but they sure as heck don't look like fireworks.  In fact, could I pass them off as a magnificent work of art from Dale Chihuly?  Oh what a treat it was to see his work in Vegas (and somewhere else, but I can't, for the life of me remember where!!  OOOPS)... is he outstanding or what!?!



Seriously, if I posted these photos in December wouldn't you think they were tropical plants from wherever we were at the time?



Rick said "they're great ~ post some" .... 




So, my readers, what's up with this?  And why should you be subjected?  


Let's have it ~ opinions here - what the hell am I doing wrong ... although these are decent colorful photos (I think) .... Chad, please don't suggest SLR again ~ you may likely be correct, but as I've explained I need compact (fit in my pocket) portable and user friendly, like idiot friendly ... hmmmm is there a connection between those requirements of mine and the photo quality?

So this day was, for me, spent mostly at the sewing machine ~ for King Richard, well he did lots of "work jobs" around the coach.  I think because this was sort of a holiday, but tomorrow we have stuff to do ~ mail to get, doctors appointments to schedule, eyeglasses to order .... 

And, as I was out walking Sir this evening our Sioux Falls friends Rick and Jaye came through the "campsites" here at the fairgrounds on their way home from camping in the "hills" ... so we will be catching up with them on Wednesday ~ can't wait .... good, very good, people, fun, very fun people ....  Oh it's so good to be back in Sioux Falls.  I asked Rick today if he wanted to go up to Madision (50 miles north and west of here) to look at a couple properties - NO he didn't want to .... hmmmmmm .... UGH OH ....




4 comments:

chester said...

Your Fireworks photos look great!... I have to agree with Unk on this one.

Beth said...

Another vote here for your photos being fantabulous!

Betty said...

I also agree that the fireworks look great...your
pics satisfy my need to see fireworks as we
surely didn't see any in Moscow on the 4th!

Chad said...

They look great. If you trying to not have trails it is because of the shutter speed. You can likely change that in the settings, either increase the shutter or ISO.