Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, June 14, 2009


Yesterday Rick headed up to the Laconia (on his bike - it is the start of Laconia bike week) area with friends Richie and Frankie.

I headed out to an Artisans Faire in Hillsboro Center. Hillsboro Center is different from Hillsboro and about five miles north (??). The rain finally took a break and it was a lovely sunny day. Check out this tree that was in the "yard" where the faire was. That is a hole right through the tree! One of those weird things I guess that just catch my eye sometimes!

Hillsboro Center was a beautiful little town with gorgeous old homes on lovely acreage. The tree however was the only photo I took!





Today we are off to Chad and Amy's to meet Amy's mom. Arlo will be going with us so he will meet Indie. Chad thought it would be best if they met at a dog park (good idea as it is "neutral territory") and hopefully they would be worn out and wouldn't run around like nuts on Chad's hardwood floors, probably making all kinds of racket for the landlords who live below. It is however raining, pouring (the break was so nice yesterday but didn't last long enough for sure) so I don't know if we will still be meeting at the dog park. I think it may be "weird" to me to be back in Boston.

The weather for the rest of the week is ~ you guessed it ... rain. We have no plans although we had discussed a bike trip to Laconia on Friday - we shall see. We need to find Arlo sitting for probably Thursday and Friday nights if we do that. Also, Sir needs to visit a vet this week for a rabies shot and heart worm test - so I guess that gives us something to do part of one day.

I did finish the quilt I'd been working on yesterday while Rick was gone. Other than that I continue to have this mental block about my sewing machine. I have some hemming to do on a couple pair of pants and there is a quilt store in Henniker that I'd like to visit - I am looking for a fabric with small flamingos to do a wall hanging for the bedroom - where I intended the flip-flop wall hanging (that turned out to be a table topper) to go. I have the best intentions and then get lazy and sit doing word searches or reading (not to mention eating and drinking and expanding, ever expanding). But at least I am feeling better!

No comments: