Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Two in twenty four????

So I was brave enough to get away from the coach and get on my bike ... hopefully putting a smile on Richard's face that I ventured out of my current, oh so personal, comfort zone  (for obvious reasons to those of you that read the blog) .

We did head up to Sunapee (Lake) today.  Story (of course) here.  

Many years ago when we were in the area, on probably a long weekend, we headed north to the Sunapee (lake AND mountain) area (gorgeous) and just happened upon a restaurant that served food AND  alcohol (there are, after all, only TWO restaurants on the SHORES of Lake Sunapee).  On that ride we found the Anchorage at Sunapee Harbor.  The barmaid, way back then, was "Waverly" (isn't that a great name).  Well, Waverly owned property (many acres) out in the middle of ...... UMMM ... I don't remember where, but she gave us directions and told us how lovely it was and please, when we left the restaurant, head out there (with very very specific directions in pocket) and tour the many acres.  Well, sort of unlike us, we did just that.  

Her husband was there and we explained our presence (and I'm sure he is still scratching his head over that)  and sort of had a self guided tour of their many many acres - which included a very steep slope down a very washed out dirt road (keep in mind we were on the bikes) ... it was an adventure for sure, BUT it is one we fondly remember and obviously still speak of. Anyway, we were back at the Anchorage today, in hopes of reconnecting with Waverly.  Not to be - she is no longer there, but at an Italian restaurant down the road (about 25 miles from where we are staying so not likely we'd be there anytime soon because it opens at 4:00 or 5:00  daily which could prove to be a loooooong ride home).  

We did partake, today, of wonderful views, not so great mussels (my polite review) and a decent clam roll (Richard's review).  Since I don't do restaurant review or pretend to be a food "critic" I won't continue in that vain, but ummmmmmmmm..........
Chester, you may want to consider property in this area, rather than Vermont (my home state), (as I mentioned in our conversation an hour ago, a photo for you and Honey).  I have some real estate brochures ready to go out to you within the next few days, with notes attached.  As I recall you want mountains .... these white mountains are great Paulie AND the lakes in the area ~ I just know you would love to spend a season (or two or ten) here.
So, I am awaiting (with such excitement) my sister's arrival here within the next few days.  I am so close, yet so far (for whatever reason) from my family and friends.  What's up with that anyway ~ I am thinking about venturing out in a rental car next week .... In the meantime Sir needs his rabies vaccination (need to find a local Vet) and a tubbie (he really doesn't smell all that great after all his play time with Snoopy and Casey, not to mention the swim I took him for yesterday here in a pond at the campground), but, I'm sure that can be handled with one person.  Most campgrounds do, however, require a current rabies vaccination certificate for dogs coming on their property.

We've been in this campground now for two weeks (and I do, and always have, liked this campground) but I feel "trapped" here .... like I said, so near but so far (to my Chad, my Carol Ann, my Moelicious etc), especially knowing we won't be back here in the next few years and there are so many people I want to see and whose company I want to enjoy.  So, ALL bodily systems get healthier cause I need to be travelin' for a few days ..... gotta go gotta go gotta go right NOW ... OH YEAH ... GOTTA

5 comments:

paul buynon said...

Mr. S's vet

Town & Country Animal Hospital

289 Francestown Rd
New Boston, NH 03070

(603) 487-2520‎....

Jack said...

Your little sister (my beloved) had dinner on beautiful July evening last summer at the Anchorage. We were renting a hideaway on Bradley Lake in Andover for a week of bliss. That was the week we discovered the long lost Potter Place, the ancestral home of a famous magician. Even have the pictures to prove it to all those Potters out there!

Tracey said...

I hope Jack that your dinner at the Anchorage was better than our lunch. Mussels were the worst I've ever had .... It is a terrific location tho isn't it!
There is a campground in Maine called Potters Placed that I've always wanted to go to - they have lovely gardens.

Kimberly said...

I am wondering what does it mean "we won't be returning here for many many years"???????

Tracey said...

It means that we won't be here for a summer visit for some years - we will fly in for Princess Paige's birthday (Feb) and Chad's wedding, other than that UMM not so much ....