Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday

Sister Candy was here last night and this morning with me before she headed off to Brayden land.  I so badly needed a Candy "fix".  This has been something less than a great week for Rick and I - I've tried to get out and go and do, but with the exception of our day to Sunapee, I haven't been able to stray far from the coach.  

Candy just has this soothing, understanding about her - Thank you for being here Candy and not criticizing but offering comforting suggestions. ~ I love you.

We walked the campground late yesterday afternoon to see the lady slippers - we saw many lady slippers for sure.  Along the way, we came across this campsite - vacant during the week I believe, but I'm sure it's occupied now, but isn't it so cute how these sand toys are lined up so precisely.  It reminded me of days gone by, raising two boys and their digger trucks!  We were never so organized though that we had a bin for them to go in!  Even if we had had a bin I doubt they'd have been in it often!

Last night we went out for a "fine dining experience" and fine it was!  We went to Cafe Andre in Sunapee, which from the outside just doesn't look so fine dining'ish, but Rick had stopped there a few years ago when he was out on his bike and Andre had shown him the magnificent gardens out back of the "cafe" and we sat next to Andre and his partner Mary the other day when we were on "Tracey's big day out" at Anchorage in Sunapee Harbor (remember disgusting mussels?).  When Mary and Andre were leaving Andre came over and introduced himself to us and we were "kabitzing" that we'd just gone by their place. 

I was familiar with the Cafe only from Rick's tale and having passed it a few times but it doesn't open until 5:00 or so in the afternoon, so I'd never been there.  Well I went on their website after our meeting and was impressed by the menu.  So off Candy and I went (hoping to see a moose along the way - NOT).

OMG what a meal oh oh oh what a meal.  Andre's is quite tiny on the dining side (don't know about the other side, as we didn't go in there) white table cloth place with maybe a dozen tables, but we were the only people there.  Oh the food was fabulous and we sat looking out at Mary's beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, gardens.  

Crummy, lousy photo below ~ Candy wanted me to capture the yellow bird (just above the tubular feeder) and the yellow pansies ("pansies aren't pansies" are they Charlie) that are pretty much center of the photo.  Well, I was taking the picture through a screen I believe AND the flash is reflected ... but I did get the yellow bird and the yellow pansies!
After we left the restaurant (we needed to head east) but of course as I was pulling out, I checked traffic from the west and saw this sunset - you know me and sunsets!  Not too bad huh?  Not the Keys, but not bad!

Rick and Arlo are at Pat and Beth's - I was there for a while yesterday, working on the Paul Bunyan crew as best as I could and left early to come home to be here when Candy arrived.  I intend to go back there (Pat and Beth's) tomorrow.  

My day started at 2:00 AM today so after Candy left for Brayden land I "futzed" and napped and napped and futzed and did the 10 foot dash in between ....  Haven't eaten a lot today so hopefully things will be "good" tomorrow and I'll be gardening in New Boston .....

1 comment:

chester said...

Great post! I love you guys.
Hope your feeling better.