Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, March 21, 2009


We've left the convention/rally.  But since I was very lax in my posts while there I will try to "catch up" .....  

In a previous post I mentioned my volunteer "duties" (now Frick it wasn't about checking who was going into the grounds with or without receipts) ~ it was about who was going (or trying to) go into the "Coach Exhibition" area ~ as in trying like hell to sell coaches ranging from 200K - to 1.5 million ...) no receipts involved there!  (However you will never cease to crack me up with the creativeness of your comments :-)  and perhaps the love of my life has finally caught on!)

With all that "said" above is a shot of our entertainment at the "volunteer appreciation dinner" and below is a photo of the buffet (or the organization there of).  With all due respect, I must commend (??) the powers that were ... the entire time was truly organized, beyond anything I could imagine ... I had been involved in "planning" corporate events back in those days, but certainly nothing (thank god) close to this scale ... but I could truly appreciate what was involved in this .. and it's beyond my comprehension to say the least ... I often wondered how many person hours went into the planning alone ~ it was sort of a "trip in the way back machine" for me! 

I had intended to take shots of the grounds from the top of the coach, but it never happened for one reason or another, so the morning we were leaving (Friday 3/20) I sort of went into a panic mode .... and of course, as "luck" would have it (damn it all) again, that and the day before were "down" days for me.  I did get on top of the coach and try to get a few photos from a few different directions but several coaches - I would guess between 750 and 1,000, had left the day before but I "bit the bullet" ( and I normally don't have a particular aversion to heights, but this day ... well ummmm)
So above and the two below were of the fairgrounds upon departure March 20, from only a very very small portion of the entire event.  It was interesting to us how spread out the parking areas were for coaches ~ those who (like us) wanted electric (there were no water and/or sewer hookups offered) and those who wanted the acceptance of running their generators constantly (why??) and those who wanted generators between specified hours and those who wanted no electric and NO generators ....
As I'd mentioned previously we were scheduled to go in early because we were volunteering for "early security" (!!) but at any time it was incredibly organized as to who went in when - through any of the four "gates" ... another point of my amazement in the organization process!


So on to other things  ... life, thankfully, goes on outside and beyond conventions/rallies!

Princess Paige celebrated her first "Holiest of Holy Days" (Patrick's name for St. Patricks Day). Obviously, as shown below, she was decked out in her St. Patrick's Day finery (from Vovo and Vovo????).  The kicker in that outfit was the HUGE shamrock on the back (well how huge can a shamrock be to cover a newborn pamper area anyway, now that I think bout it?!?!).  But I am sure there was some great corned beef and cabbage in New Boston that night ~ I am certain there was NONE in Perry, Ga (trust me, I tried to find some and of the seven places I called only one thought they "might" be having some ~ um ... if you think you "might" when the customer calls at 4:00 PM then it's a pretty good guess that you aren't do you think?!? ~ well we aren't in Southie anymore are we!!)


And, finally to close out the post .... a Sir photo

 
Finally, a photo of Sir.  He was out of it ... hanging off the "sofa" over his toy basket .... snooring, drooling, snooring, asta la vista  .....  night night ....... wake me in a while ........ tough life for that Sir Arlo isn't it!

We are in Statesboro, GA (been here since Friday actually).  We were suppose to leave today but extended for two more days.  We like where we're at here. No amenities (which is a preference) but close to lots of things to do in Statesboro with lots of restaurants etc.  The down side is no campfires!  We will be back on the road Tuesday headed to South Carolina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now Tracey, why would 2 pureblood Ports (as in 100% Portuguese)go out and buy an Irish outfit??? That finery was compliments of Daddy Patrick (and Mommy)...if he was making corned beef and cabbage for his family to eat, you don't think Princess could be dressed any other way, do you? PLEEAASSEE!