Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, March 15, 2009

Secure???

So remember I mentioned that we were able to get into the convention a few days early because I was volunteering?  Well I never mentioned (intentionally) what my volunteer task was..........

Would you feel secure because I had on a security visor, pin, ribbon and vest?  I don't blame you at all!  

Because I can't say no I signed up to do an extra "shift"...... it was a "piece of cake" actually, but it was quite cold and very damp, but alas I got through it!  And finished a book to boot!
When Rick came up to my "station" to bring me my breakfast yesterday (which was my "duty" day ~ he couldn't help but mention to me that my vest certainly looked like a walmart vest - UGH the horror of it, particularly a member of the Whelan family in anyway related to walmart - paaalease now.
And not to be left out ... TAH DAH ~ Sir got to wear the visor.  He didn't, however, get to go to the volunteer appreciation dinner this evening.

Poor Sir is so distressed these days - for starters it's been raining on and off for two days now (the first day we were here it was 85 degrees and grossly humid.  But worse than the weather for Arlo is the chaos.  There are 3000+ rigs here now, many many many strange dogs, many strange  people and way too many different smells.  I suspect Arlo is trying to figure out what the heck we've done to him now and probably would rather be back at Pet Paradise at $43./night where he was when we fly up to the land of snow and a princess!  We will get back to a calmer situation on Friday or Saturday....

Stay tuned for more pictures from the convention ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you check people's reciepts to make sure it was their own rv????