Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, March 14, 2009

Post Script

Our friends Betty and Roy (aka Bethie's parents Vovo and Vovo) were in Plains last year (as you may have read in Betty's comment on the Whelanswheels post about Plains).  These are photos they took when they were there.
I had mentioned that I had not taken a photo of the list of goods and prices sold at the Carter store - thanks to Betty and Roy - here it is, as well as a photo of the train station in downtown (!!) Plains where the Carter campaign began.  I wish we had been fortunate enough to run into Rosalind and Jimmy, as Betty and Roy were ...

Thank you Betty for sharing photos ~ and yes, I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Plains.  Our trip there was a little out of the ordinary for us (you remember that I am bored silly with history) but this was different - first, I think everyone, and I mean everyone, on the face of the earth should take a humanity lesson from the Carters, secondly, history isn't so intolerable to me if it was during my life time ~  I can relate/remember those history making events.

No comments: