Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cordelle

We left Cordelle (GA) yesterday and traveled 40'ish miles up to Perry where we will be for the next week at the FMCA International Convention/rally.  The convention actually starts on Monday, but I've volunteered so we got to  come in early which made maneuvering easy as there were only a few hundred coaches here all spread out.  By Monday there are expected to be 3000 coaches.  Should be very interesting with hundreds of seminars and several hundred vendors not to mention several hundred new coaches on display.
Anyway, when we were in Cordelle we had a lovely dead end road next to us which was a great place for Arlo to walk.  At the end of the road is this house ~ I LOVE this house.  I would loved to have seen inside, cause the outside and the grounds just blew me away.   There are several old, rusted pieces of farm equipment.  The rusted maybe doesn't sound attractive, but I really really loved it.  I could do without the gnome in the photo below but no one consulted me!

And it was so nice and peaceful at this end of the road.  Where we were was right next to interstate 75 and the last two nights we were there I got very little sleep (it is nice and quiet at night here at the Fairgrounds where the rally is, thankfully).
The last evening we were in Cordelle I got on my bicycle and peddled way down the road we were staying on.  Check out that hill in the photo above - I didn't walk my bike up it - I was not going to give in to defeat!
So I'll end this post with more sunset sky pictures.  I thought this was such a pretty pretty sky and was delighted that I had my camera with me ... I had walked the night before when there was also a pretty sunset sky, but only had my phone camera and the pictures didn't do it justice.  These new camera photos are much better (I think)!

No comments: