Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, November 12, 2008

so bittersweet

No not my best pal dog that was named Bittersweet but it is a bitter sweet day.  We are leaving Huntington Beach State Park in an hour or so.  I just love this place, it is so quiet and peaceful here during the week (the weekend was a bit different but once Sunday afternoon came it was back to just us "older people").  Sir and I have pretty much had the beach to ourselves.  The sky is perfect at night for "star gazing" .....

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that Huntington Beach State Park is in Murrells Inlet and about 10 or 15 miles south of Myrtle Beach and all the congestion and serious over development there.  I can not even begin to imagine what a horror show it would be like in the summer.  We were there for bike week a couple years ago and I suppose that was indicative of what summer would be like.  Far to much chaos for me for sure.

I have to remind myself that we can't continue our journey if we stay in one place and further more we are headed to Chester's in Macclennyville and I am really looking forward to that but boo hoo I love it here!  Maybe some year we could volunteer here and be here for a couple months ....

No comments: