Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We are repeating ourselves

This is our site for at least until Sunday ~ quite likely longer if there is availability.  This is at Huntington Beach State Park in Murrells Inlet, SC  We were here last year November, 14 to November, 20 (yeah I am anal enough to keep a record of such things).  So we are now repeating ourselves here - I have said all along that I didn't want to take the same route and stay at the same "campgrounds".  This is the exception to that "rule".  If we could be campground hosts here for a couple months that would be perfect.   It was kind of crazy when we arrived (without reservations ~ UGH) on Sunday but as Rick says "it usually all just works out" and it sure did in this instance!  Once again he was right!
So when Rick was out with a couple of friends he used to work with that have retired down here, Sir and I went out for a little play time ... along this great "boardwalk" through the marsh area 
then on to this little bridge over deeper marsh area (there are 'gators in this park which of course scare the crap out of ME)
anyway, along the boardwalk and bridge we went so Sir can spot a crab walking along.  As soon as that crab spotted Sir he took off into his crab hole (um what is a crab's abode referred to anyway?).  Remember the photo of Arlo trying to get that groundhog/gopher guy in Sioux Falls at the Fairgrounds?  I guess Arlo has a thing for chasing (well trying to anyway) critters that dig into the ground and are probably laughing like hell at his mug peeking into their space!

After the crab chase this was his entertainment for quite some time - at least as long as I would throw the stick out for him to retrieve.  Then it was on to chasing birds and waves without the stick!  Man we just love this place and when I was awake, as usual, at 3:00 AM today I let the surf ease me back to lalalalalala land ~ yeah it's all so good.

Murrells Inlet, where we are, is about seven or so miles south of Myrtle Beach.  I can not believe how over developed the "Strand" is.  Further, I can not imagine what it is like down here in the summer when the place is just crawling with people.  We surely pick the best time, I think, to be here ~ last year we spent our first Thanksgiving on the road here with our friends Paul and Cathy, being very very thankful for our lifestyle and good friends.

Speaking of which I am sitting here (Rick is out with the retired Boston pals) blogging while listening to the "news" about election issues.  I just don't get why in this day in age anyone has to wait eight plus hours in line to vote?!?!  I am beyond delighted that people realize it is THAT important but I just don't understand why we continuously have issues with elections?  Hanging chads and assorted bullshit, election workers that "forget" the ballots and leave them in their car (seriously I did just hear that).  We watched such an interesting documentary the other night that, of course, got me ranting (hard to believe but true).  I am watching SC news and hearing that poll workers were "unprepared" (honestly unprepared how does that happen!) to handle handi-capped voters so some were refused - now seriously how can a voter be refused to vote?  Calm down Tracey, calm down cause, girl, it's going to be a looooong night. 

On a final note .... Chad Thomas and Amy I can be there in a couple hours with chicken soup and a decent dog walking resume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a burrow