Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another layin' low kind of week

Remember a couple weeks ago I was whining (what ME?) about being tired of brown and I wanted to see some green?  Well this has been our view all week - I got my green!!!  It really is beautiful.  This town (city?) is a gorgeous, if only the personalities matched, but they don't so I'll just let it all be.  I will say one thing for this town tho, they have some very nice parks, both sports parks and strolling, relaxing parks and many many walking and bike paths.  We are about 4 miles from the "center" of the town and there is a terrific bike/walking path all along the main road here.  I have walked parts of it (my attempt at some exercise) and I'd try biking a bit of it but it is all hills so that wouldn't work well for me.  You know the bicycle that we've carried all around the country for months and thousands of miles?  The same one I've ridden twice since we've been on the road!  Yeah that one!
Isn't Sir Arlo posing nicely for Rick here!  Last night they were out walking around midnight and Arlo scared the heck out of himself with his shadow!  He may be 75 pounds but is afraid of lots of scary things - yup like shadows.  So 20 minutes after that walk he just had to go back out and find that scary dog again!  Too much this guy.

We've been hanging out and laying low this week - not sure why tho.  We were going to head to Zion National Park today but Rick found out there is a gun auction at the lodge so Zion may wait until tomorrow.  At any rate I am leaving for the local farmers market in a few minutes - that's my big plan for the day.  We are out of here on Monday  :-)   We always seem to just know when it's time to leave a place and usually we agree - We both agreed on Wednesday (the day after we got here) that it was time to leave, but we had paid for six nights here.  Lesson learned .... only pay for a night or two till you get the "feel" of a place ~ but it's all "okay" in the big picture ya know, and it's all part of this journey.

No comments: