Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Friday, May 2, 2008

It's hi ho and off to Boulder City we go

So here I go with more mountain pictures - I just can't help myself!  We traveled a whole 81 miles today to arrive in Boulder City ("The Town that Built Hoover Dam") an interesting history here.  A personal history note - this is where, three years ago, for some foolish reason I felt I had to jump out of a perfectly good airplane -NO I will never do it again.. BUT I did it!  Our travel today involved very strong cross winds that really whipped us around.  Also, in the distance were some snow topped mountains - my photographic abilities today were very limited - don't know why but the many pictures I took of them just didn't work out.  Also, we passed areas where there were these mini tornadoes or funnels in dirt fields - we've passed them before and I though for sure of all those we passed today at least one of the pictures I took would work - NOT - so you just have to trust me on this one.


We arrived at the Elks Lodge where I imagine I will do some volunteer efforts at the Friday night dinner in a while - I just really enjoy volunteering at the Lodges we stop at for a few days - it is another opportunity to meet people and hear their tales.  There are 15 terrific, full hook up rv sites at this lodge and it was nothing short of a timing miracle that we got the last one available today.  There is a large area out back for Sir Arlo to run around unleashed and act like a fool and there is so much around us - the Hoover Dam, camping world where we have a return to make and shopping to shop, Lake Mead - perhaps we'll do a dinner cruise thing there?  And of course, this may be where we finally do part of the Grand Canyon - the ongoing what do we do with himself (S.A.) while we explore continues to haunt me however.  Chester has pointed out that Sir has had a pretty darned good life and he should just "deal with it" being away from us for a couple days - Chester has not explained how I should explain all this to S.A. or deal with the self imposed "mother guilt" ... we shall see how this all "pans out"........

1 comment:

Beth said...

I still can't believe you jumped out of an airplane! Sir Arlo will survive!

I'm going to email you some Snoopy pics now :)