Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, August 9, 2010

Yellowstone ~ part 2

A bit longer than I anticipated to post this second part of our Yellowstone adventure.  Sorry!  

Saturday was a travel day (as will be today after King Richard gets up and going ~ last night was not a good sleeping night for anyone in this house other than Sir Arlo).  Additionally, I spent another marathon day at my sewing machine yesterday ~ yup should have taken a break and done the post but I didn't want to break my momentum and the "progress" I was making!  Anyway, better late than never and hopefully these pictures make it worth the wait.



The photo above is just a random shot of Yellowstone beauty.  

As I mentioned in the first post we stopped at Mammoth Hot Springs then we went on to Old Faithful.  Well as we're circling around and around and around the huge parking areas trying to find a spot Rick notices that OF is erupting!  DARN I wanted to see it so darn badly, well I thought I did, but I wasn't willing to wait 90 minutes for the next eruption!  Below is Sir posing oh so nicely in front of OF. 



After leaving Old Faithful we continued on our "loop" (which ended up being somewhere in the vicinity of 120+ miles) we came upon Yellowstone Lake (who knew).  These next two shots are coming down a mountain with the lake off in the distance.




Elks (Rick and I) looking at elk.


Random shots of the Lake - it was so outstandingly gorgeous!  Cold but beautiful, with awesome mountains in the background and a beautiful sky!


















Yeah, this was a traffic stopper for sure



I think he just wanted to get to the other side to play with his friends!









More random shots to close with!



2 comments:

Chester said...

WOW! great photos! love ya's

Chester said...

WOW! great photos! love ya's