Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, August 17, 2010

where's the tumbling tumbleweed?


As I'd mentioned previously (mmm it might have been on facebook tho) I was surprised to learn that there are areas in Washington state that the locals refer to as the desert.  This area is west of Spokane for 100 or so miles then a large area to the north (in and around the Grand Coulee Dam area - a different post).


How animals survive here is beyond me - but these fellas sure do look like they were surviving quite well!

This area reminded me so much of our first travel through the southwest and how much Rick loved the desert - me, well not so much.  I whined and whined (true story although I know it is hard to believe) that I wanted to see green ~ I was so tired of brown brown brown every where I looked!




There even were dust storms.  Then we'd be driving along and come upon these pretty little bodies of water!





We stayed in Moses Lake (WA) for three nights ~ had to have emergency road service come help us as we were leaving (trying to leave).  We had blown a hydraulic line and couldn't raise our jacks - no jacks up, no moving!  

So we got a very late start yesterday and came to Puyallup, WA at the base of Mt. Rainier - wait till you see photos, oh it is outstanding.  It's so hazy that I can't get a decent picture of it, but we'll be here for at least a week (although not at the Lodge where we are now, we are leaving here tomorrow and going to the Fairgrounds).  The mountain is covered with snow - it is 90 degrees down here at the base but the mountain itself is covered!

2 comments:

Chester said...

I visited Seattle three times over the years and only once got to see the mountains as the "air" wasn't clear enough or the rain wouldn't stop... for weeks! Buy a postcard :-)

Muffin Face's Dad said...

OK, it looks like you have updated the title picture, but the map looks a little behind, t-t.