Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, May 24, 2010

Scarey in Mt. Airy

A couple scary things coming up - our washer/dryer has decided it doesn't want to drain (never mind go into a spin or dry cycle).  For some crazy reason I thought the days of me doing any appliance repair were long gone, seriously, why would I think that?  We may not be in a stick house, but it is still a house that has all the appliances and things just decide to stop doing what we expect of them, not to mention that these appliances go traveling down the bumpy roads at 60 mph and we expect them to last and last!  So tomorrow we will tackle it.  

Interestingly enough when I would have these appliance issues in the "stick house" over how many years - oh 25 or 30, I'd pick up the phone and call my dad to help me trouble shoot, then walk me through the repair if necessary, well perhaps this happened for some goofy reason - Dad's birthday is tomorrow ~ May 25!  weirdness I think!


Oh I miss him so much.  He would have loved this journey Rick and I are on, I think of him so often and wish he were here traveling with us.  Yeah, I guess he is in spirit but "it's just not the same".


Another scary event, and certainly needing family guidance (oh sister Candy please guide US here!).  I've decided I have had it with paying $90. for a color and a cut ~ I may end up with orange or green hair (reminding me of the days I had hair color battles with Chad way back when ~ and he sure as heck "turned out alright" in spite of his hair color choices and tongue piercing, so I guess I will too).



So as the blog post "title" indicates, and I've been holding back on the information because I thought I'd do a big fun post about it ~ we are in Mt. Airy, NC.  We were scheduled (as much as we are ever scheduled) to leave here last Saturday, but we're just loving this campground and there truly is so much to do in these parts, so we are here until (at this point) next Tuesday, but all subject to change!

Trish's parents and Aunt Donnie (as Connor says "my Donnie") stopped last evening as they were headed from the kids in New Bern back to Michigan.  As always, we had a great visit ~ always a good time, with good people that are just so warm, interesting and FUN FUN FUN.

2 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

To answer your question on how we found your blog- I am not sure? Not much of an answer I know, but I either saw if from a comment you made in another blog or from those web sites that lists RV blogs.

Anonymous said...

Let us know what you find out on your washer... ours is doing the same thing and we are laundry-matting rather that tackling that job for now... Gale & Anna