Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, May 16, 2010

Huh, Why, What, Why Why, Why???



A photo taken by my son Chad, four years ago, of his nephew, my grandson ~ Master Connor, when we were all in CA to celebrate Connor's first birthday!

Anyway, I refer to the photo above as "Pondering" Chad refers to it as "The Thinker".  
With all that said - I've been pondering several things lately myself ~ such as ....

1.  How is it that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers truly work and do what they claim to do?   I couldn't clean a house (38' or otherwise) without them ~ especially the bathroom and/or kitchen area or these damned stupid blasted off white leather front seats - how the heck do they do what they do?  


2.  I know, as Rick would gladly attest to, I can be a bit "uptight" (alright, I can be damned anal) about some things ~ like how laundry is folded ~ particularly tee shirts and towels, just don't touch them, as Rick again would attest, I will refold them so don't waste your energy ... With all that said, I am over the edge with a few (truly only a few, and the number is less now, than it was prior to "retirement" ~ right Rick??) things these days ~ yeah yeah yeah call it OCD or whatever monocur you chose.   With "all that said" ...

When I bought our 2002 Ford Escape in January of 2003 (I think it was, I am certain it was January and I'm sure it was a Ford dealer, because I was going for Subaru number seven - cash transaction, and the salesmen at that particular dealership, Planet Subaru in Norwell, MA wouldn't come out on the lot to talk with a customer, the customer had to go inside to the salesman - HUH - true story).

Anyway,  I started an envelope (as I'd done with every vehicle prior for as long as I can remember) of any maintenance or repairs that had been done on the vehicle - you know, every oil change, every tire, every sensor, every inspection sticker/report ... you probably get the picture - every everything that was ever done to or for the vehicle.  Well, alas the car needed new tires, so when we were in the West Palm Beach area (Lion Country Safari KOA to be precise) out came the aforementioned envelope to check just how long those Michellin tires had been on the vehicle.  Well, new tires were put on the vehicle yesterday (yes, Michelin again, not that any of that matters, but just a side note)

edit .... I started this post four nights ago and completed about 85% of what I had intended to write but decided it was time for some "shut eye" and went to save what I'd written, but alas I seemed to have mysteriously lost about two thirds of that ... so here I go again....  heck it may be the end of June before I complete and post this one ...

continuing with the story ... but where the hell is that envelope?  We've checked the car (three times at least), the coach (twice at least) and can not find the blasted envelope - seriously seven years of maintenance records poof gone .... where the heck can it be - couldn't have gone far but seems to have become lost in space ... this is probably my biggest pondering these days .. sad but true!

3.  Onward with ponderances.  Have you (or am I the only one in the entire universe ~ pretty darned unlikely huh) who's noticed that when I buy anything cotton knit, you know new tee shirts for Rick or myself, shorts, just anything cotton knit, within two darned washings I have these teeny tiny holes in them?  It is really bugging me because I just don't understand it and I've noticed this over the last several (10 or 12 perhaps) years and it's only lately that it is really "pissing me off" ... I hate buying something that I truly wear maybe twice before it has this defect (and NO there is no bleach involved).  I bought this great top at a Cato store in FL, wore it once and discovered this issue!  UGH, thankfully (I guess, in an odd sort of way, it is a very easy one for anyone with sewing knowledge to copy, but damned I didn't spend those dollar bucks to wear it only once or twice!)

4.  Books ~ why is it that I can't get out of the blasted Danielle Steele/Nora Roberts mind set?  Done a few Nicholas Sparks, but they just all seem to be the same, you can figure the ending by at least the completion of the second chapter.  I hate mysteries/horror stories (Stephen King ~ been there done that, just doesn't work in this chapter of my life), done several Andrew Greeley's (whatever his niche would be ~ sorry, but I truly don't know) in a former life, don't want biographies, HATE HATE HATE history .. what is left? 

I guess the big huge factor may be that many campgrounds have "book swaps" (they are really terrific!) but I always gravitate - guilty of ignorance of options - to the aforementioned authors.  Chad suggested Paper Back Book Swap, but for some reason, and I guess it is lack of "permanent address (don't call us transient though), I haven't signed up for this and truly it would be perfect for me because I always have at least six books I've read and currently have 15 unread .... UGH suggestions????

5. and 6.  My notes for this post were to include a "thought" about potato chips (seriously) and these fad diets that are so troubling to me as I watch those I love do them and wonder why?  Three day "cleanses" etc ~ I just don't get it, but I guess that's the chapter I'm at in my life and the health issues I deal with, without notice, that just throw us into chaos and someone would think this is just a dandy way to spend a weekend... enough Aunt Tracey with that, but gosh darn I don't understand ~ then again I do have to remember that I was 21 once and probably my aunts didn't "understand" me either (seriously, is that possible?)


Beyond all this pondering, we left Rock Hills, SC yesterday and came to Gaffney, SC. for the scheduled maintenance on the coach, as well as King Richard's school about his Freighliner chassis.   Sir and I will do, who the hell knows what, tomorrow and the next day ... the coach maintenance will be a day and a half, Rick will be in his class for two whole days.  I'm thinking about just getting a hotel room, taking my sewing machine and Sir Arlo and hanging out ... Sir sort of puts a different twist on things tho.  Oh well, if all goes well we will all three be out of here Wednesday morning headed to NC then WV then off into the wild blue yonder via Sioux Falls .... yippee back on the road again, at long last, back on the road to parts unknown again .....

2 comments:

Chester said...

You think too much.

Mr. New Boston said...

as Paige would say "buh-du-ga buh-du-ga buh-du-ga, mum mummummuuummmm, pffffffttttttttt"