Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, August 17, 2009

back on the road (sort of)


First, and most importantly ~ a fund raiser for the MSPCA ~ information below (thank you Amy ... ) this is where Chad and Amy's dog Indie came from - hope anyone in the area can attend - hopefully WE can attend - Sir's paws definitely need to be washed!

So, what's with this blog post roll I've been on? Who the heck knows! Why ask why?

Today we traveled 342 miles from Plattsburgh, NY back to Middleboro, MA. We had no intention of traveling this far today - planned sort of a "stop" along the way. I was having great difficulty finding a place that had room for us - I had emailed or called and left voice mails at several places that couldn't be bothered to reply to emails or voice mails ... I guess things are great in the campground world - even weekdays - this time of year. That just irks the hell out of me that these businesses can't even give a prospective customer the courtesy of a reply - screw them I don't want to stay there anyway. So, does that speak volumes about my frame of mind?

So we arrived at our "safe haven" (as Rick referred to it) about 5:00 today ... long long driving day, but my honey persevered and here we are. Trouble is we can only be on this "premium" site for four nights - after that who knows what kind of site we will be moved to for Friday and Saturday then we can go back to a "premium" site (and besides that we don't even need a premium site - just electric, aqua and sewer if we'll be here for a length of time) for another week and a half - trouble is Friday isn't a great day for us to move - my "procedure" is at 8:00 and we have to be off the site at 11:00 I can be pretty darned sure I won't be in any condition to be moving anything (not even my large body from the car to the coach to the bed) at 11:00 so ... guess what - I think we'll move on Thursday night!! Whatever, it will "all work out" as my beloved reminds me often!




Above were photos I took on our northward travel from Elizaville, NY to Plattsburgh two weeks ago ... I guess maybe I should have reversed the photos, since today we headed south (as opposed to north from Elizaville to Plattsburgh). Whatever - use your imagination!

We really have nothing planned for the next few days - since I (we) had no intention of being here this soon). There is a great quilt store down the road, but as "luck" would have it (as it seems to be going these days for us) - they are closed for vacation until Monday the 24th. Chad and Amy are closing on their house (about 12 miles north of here) on Thursday - wish it were tomorrow cause I could use the opportunity for HARD physical labor as a mental diversion but on Thursday I don't think that'll work real well - but I can supply coffee and donuts??

There is a pond/herring run across the road from this campground where Sir sometimes goes for "water play" and with the weather predicted to be in the 90's for the next few days, and his lack of exercise of late (with the exception of his visit with Snoopy for three days) he hasn't had much of a work out so I guess he and I will be there tomorrow for starters.

That's all from "back in MA". Hopefully we'll truly be back on the road soon, but it won't be for at least two weeks .... we shall see what I can dream up for posts during that time! Stay tuned.

Oh yeah and by the way - Tom Delay on Dancing with the Stars - seriously what is with these flipping reality shows???? UGH aren't I so "fugly" tonight!?!?!?

No comments: