Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, September 17, 2009

so our plans changed

Because of this ....



We were "booked" to leave here on Wednesday morning and had decided to extend (surprising isn't it!) .... so with all this dying/crashing laptop stuff off Rick went yesterday to Ann Arbor to UGH UGH UGH purchase a new one and have the Apple persons transfer the copious amounts of data to the new one ... in the meantime I/we realized this could be a long process ... so I go ahead and extend us here until Sunday morning (with options to extend further!!)

Off we went this morning to pick up our new Mac Book Pro with the old data installed etc.... photo above ~ isn't it a BEAUTY... yeah right ... but it IS our link to the world so I have to look at it that way I guess rather than in terms of $$$ so we will carry around another external monitor for ?? years ... there IS great humor in that chapter ... This new one is, surprisingly, different especially the keyboard ... perhaps an issue for me .. we shall see.

So the other day we headed out to see what was to see in this area ... we ended up in Monroe ~ we were trying to find a place where Sir could have some water time ..
We ended up at what the GPS said was Pirates Cove (or something similar - doesn't matter cause this place hasn't been Pirate's anything for over two years - GPS. in spite of the update we purchased in January. isn't real up to date - do you think!?! Pauly this place reminded me SO much of Whitey's it was unbelievable ...

Anyway, Rick and I both had salads of sorts and Sir had yet another photo op before we took him over yonder from this spot to a boat launch area for some water time ... he proceeded to let his tennis ball float away because I had his soccer ball (aka Wilson) in my hands and he apparently wanted Wilson far more than he wanted a measly tennis ball!!!

Beyond all that, I did discover a nice water play area for him in the next town (Dundee) yesterday, so hopefully he'll get there tomorrow. Meanwhile this weekend at the campground is their annual Halloween celebration so I guess we'd best go get goodies (for 250 - 300 !!) tomorrow and Rick is suggesting a jack-o-lantern so we need to return to the GREAT farm stand I found down the road to purchase a BIG pumpkin ~ I haven't carved (or helped carve) a jack o lantern in how many years - oh probably 20!!. As anyone who knows me well knows I HATE Halloween so this should prove to be real interesting - do you think!!

Stay tuned ...

2 comments:

Chester said...

.. that was exactly what I thought when I seen the photo of Pirates Cove.. Whitey's Fishcamp!

Anonymous said...

Hey what did you do to your sad macbook rickle..... LOL

billymac