Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Wednesday, September 30, 2009

As Cheryl Wheeler says ...

"When fall comes to New England" .... but hmmmmm this isn't New England - it's Michigan ... equally as beautiful isn't it? These photos were taken as Rick, Sir and I walked the looooong walk around this lovely, quiet and peaceful campground (Leisure Lake Campground in Sumner, MI). It was so wonderful for the three of us to walk - I love to walk but I really love to walk if Rick is with me ... I guess perhaps that is one of my many excuses for lack of exercise, but I really do like it when we walk together - especially around campgrounds we may be staying at!



so, am I imagining it or is something a bit "off" in the photo below? I swear this is the way I took it - I didn't (nor do I have the knowledge or ability) to play with a photo - I take 'em, I download 'em and I upload what I want to the blog - that's the extent of my abilities, such as they are ~ well more on that in a minute.



See why I love this campground? I guess Sir is wishing the spent sunflowers (photo below) a fond farewell???

We will be leaving here in the morning. This has been one of the very very few campgrounds we've come across that I really think I could spend a few months (work camping perhaps?). The sites are spacious, the owners are gracious, the staff is oh so pleasant .... but alas, this campground's season ends tonight ;-(

We are headed to a Moose Lodge 30 miles down the road. We also are headed to the "Upper Peninsula" with Larry, Sheila and Donni Friday afternoon for a few days. While we are there we are hoping to see Lake Michigan and Lake Superior, which will complete our tour of the Great Lakes.

Now for my photographic expertise (yeah right) .... while we were walking this evening I stumbled and fell (resulting in hurt pride and beautifully swollen ankle) and now the camera has "issues" (my bad, my pissed off actually) - "lense error" is the error I'm getting - as in the lense won't go in or out - sort of stuck somewhere in between and I can't take photos .......... DAMN DAMN DAMN ... the camera is what, four months old if that? Thankfully, at least we still have the old camera, but damn it I don't want to regress .... On top of just buying a new monitor then a new laptop I sure as hell don't want to buy a new camera .... UGH .... how to put a damper on what was a wonderful day!

No comments: