Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Sunday, September 20, 2009

Halloween ...

Yup, I hate halloween, and I hate theme weekends at campgrounds. I guess maybe I'm getting a bit mellow (one can only hope) in my old age. This weekend at this campground (Totem Pole in Petersburg, MI) was Halloween weekend! Costume parade, kids trick or treating and haunted hayride! Oh yeah, and a competition of best decorated site! Needless to say we weren't in the competition!



We were suppose to leave today, but guess what? Yup, you guessed it ~ we etended again. We decided we "should" go to Cabelas - word has it that it is Michigan's number one tourist attraction - I hope that isn't true because if a store rates first over TWO great lakes in one state something is terribly wrong. Anyway, off we went .... been there done that - cross it off our list. Not a bad place, in fact quite a nice place but there isn't a thing we need and less that we want so, yup been there, done that.



AND, when we (Rick, Sir and I) were out walking tonight and Sir was "table hopping" and chasing sticks he got stung and stung and stung by bees ..... I think he had five or six stings watching for swelling, breathing issues, lethargy ..... PLUS all I read says to pull the stinger out (or scrape it (them) out with a credit card) ....seriously, how the hell do I find stingers on a dog?

Off to Port Huron area tomorrow ........

No comments: