Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How would YOU feel??


Tonight we went to the local American Legion for dinner ("a tour of Italy") ... an opportunity to meet the "locals" and get a story or two (although this blog is certainly missing those great human stories lately isn't it!!).  

For quite some time I've been anticipating someone asking me when I'm due, but tonight a different "situation" presented itself ... we were given the senior citizen (62 and older) rate for our dinner ~ no questions, no identification requested, just given!!!  HMMMMMMM   I was seriously stunned, like I wrote, I expected the when are you due question but not this!!

Anyway, we are in Deering, NH still and likely will be for a few more weeks (although we are looking at a campground in New Boston today).  In Deering is the "Tom Rush Forest".  Tom Rush is our favorite folk singer and he used to live here.  He donated 300 acres of his property to The Society for Protection of New Hampshire Forests.  There is a You Tube  video of Tom singing his I Remember song ~ it's pretty funny and one most of us at this age can truly relate to!  Watch it if you get a chance and need a laugh.
We've been spending time at Pat and Beth's.  Arlo and Snoopy are getting along famously and Arlo comes home absolutely exhausted and it usually takes him an entire day to get rested and back to "normal".  They are pretty darned funny to watch with their constant antics.  

Over the winter (and especially one major ice storm I guess) Pat and Beth's yard suffered great damage - trees down all over the place.  Patrick bought a chain saw (and all the gear that goes along with it) the other day.  So Patrick, Rick and I had at it for three hours or so. We did make a "dent" in the project but there is so much more to do!  I am still aching from that workout ~ tough work for an over weight "senior citizen"!  AND I was working on a quilting project last night and managed to sew through my finger (with the machine)!  Not too smart huh and typing is a challenge today for sure.


Today is another cold rainy day here in New Hampshire.  UGH.  I'd rather sit out in the sun and read a book than stay in the coach reading!  Hopefully the "weather man" is correct and there is only one more day of this nastiness.


1 comment:

chester said...

Excellent blog today!... you old people sure know how to get around. Patrick looks like he's all geared up to enter the Octagon...
down here us rednecks cut wood in our flipflops and shorts :-)
I'm happy Arlo has a friend to play with.. the doggie's must be having a ball together!
ENJOY.