Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Thursday, December 9, 2010

rememmem, remememmember

The Alamo! 

 I really had no interest at all in seeing it (also, rememember that I am not a history fan).  Rick went into San Antonio one day to see it and to see a movie about it at the Imax theater.  

I had a change of thought the second time we went into the city, which was the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend so it was packed/mobbed.


Photography is not allowed inside the Alamo so you won't see any from there - nope, no picture of Davy Crockett's vest, no pictures of big old guns - nope, none, notta, ain't gonna happen.  You will see pictures of the grounds and outside area, and mostly I don't know what the things/buildings are!





Here is a link to the Alamo website.  What I've linked describes the battle at the Alamo (I have a brochure of this which I was going to scan and include in this post, but the link is better and easier to read than a scanned brochure.  The brochure does have a great diagram showing the original "property" and what remains of the original property, unfortunately I couldn't find that diagram on the website!

To digress a bit, when we were in Waco, Rick visited the Texas Ranger Museum.  Silly me (keep in mind I never was a blond, but this is a blond move on my part for sure), I thought he was talking about the baseball team!

Anyway, I didn't go to that museum so I can't describe it other than the first photo below is the entrance to the museum grounds.  The second photo describes the Texas Rangers involvement in the ambush of Bonnie and Clyde (in Louisiana).



1 comment:

Chester said...

I can't remember yesterday and you want me to remember the Alamo!