Think about this ... "be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"





Monday, December 6, 2010

Another river


Another river, another walkway, another river walk!  This is San Antonio's river walk.  By far the best I've seen ~ yup I loved Oklahoma City's and I love the river running through Providence, RI, but SA has just done a spectacular job.  



So many places to eat, drink and play.  So much activity in this area, but it is also so very peaceful ~ yup I loved it, in fact I've loved this entire area around San Antonio, to the point that I've seriously thought perhaps this is where we should buy that small piece of property (Rick however still says east coast!).  The campground we've stayed at is great as well ~ with very friendly and helpful staff with our continuous extensions to our stay.  With that said, we do think we'll be out of here tomorrow morning (Tuesday) and making our way 200 miles or so east to Houston, with one stop along the way which may be for three or more nights, but who knows with us and the way we travel, the only certainty is that we fly out of Houston on 12/22!




I loved the lines of this stairway.  On either side were water features (there were many many beautiful "water features" along the river walk (yes the obvious river but  also sort of tucked along the way beside the walk itself).  If you look closely in the above photo to the right of the stairs about half way up is a neat little wall fountain, then on the other side of the stairs (photo below) was this outstanding water fall which also ran under the stairway.





Water water everywhere!



Even these ducks have there favorite place (I think) along the walk way.

So we came around a corner and came upon these ducks just chillin' and I loved how the archway framed the colorful umbrellas across the river - lighting  isn't the best but ya just can't have it all!


I really thought we should stay in this hotel (Omni La Mansion del Rio) in a suite overlooking the river ~ then reality hit and I remembered that the days of staying in such a place are behind us, I'm glad I had those days, but I suspect we won't again!



We did go into the river walk area one night to see the Christmas lights.  Somewhere (I can't for the life of me remember where) we came across these planters with fire and water - outstanding!



As I've complained before I can not take good night shots, but here's a couple.  The last second and the last ones are typical of my night time photography skills.








3 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Thanks for the tour. We have not been there in quite awhile, but enjoyed the river walk.

Chester said...

Beautiful Photos honey! As for the night shots, use a tripod to avoid the shakes... either that or slow down on the drinking hahahah

where's weaver said...

We loved SA! So much beauty. I too struggle with night shots! We hope you two have a safe day of travel.